Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vomiting during my period  (Read 4769 times)

Peroxideblader

Vomiting during my period
« on: December 08, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »

Hello ...can anyone help....the last two periods I've had have come the usual 4 days early and from the first day I've felt nauseous during the day but been actually sick last thing at night..not food related I've had different foods and now on day 3 and feeling sicker and sicker...I've eaten my tea as normal so it's not an empty stomach..I've heard of nausea before a period but during is this anything anyone else has experienced during peri ( it's not a sickness bug as I had it last month too as well as crippling pmt which I never used to have ) thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vomiting during my period
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:25:10 PM »

How awful ………..

Peroxideblader

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:04:28 PM »

Someone said it may be endometriosis....with the nausea stomach pains and very heavy periods suddenly...?.?

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 10:58:41 PM »

I used to be sick with every period from aged about 16 (I started a week before my 13th birthday).  Used to last the first 24-48 hours.  Now I just get nausea in the mornings whether I'm bleeding or not, I've retched a couple of times but not actually been sick.  I think it was linked to the pain, which used to be extreme.  Anyway, they both eased off at the same time.  (I used to get the heavy flow after the nausea & cramping stopped though - while the pain was really bad, my flow was very small)

It's quite likely due to your hormones going haywire, but if it has come on suddenly, it would be worth checking with your GP just to make sure.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 03:11:23 PM »

Thanks Dorothy I am heavier than usual and stomach pain but not severe it's just strange it's been just the last 3 months and actually  throwing up not just feeling sick. I would try my doctors but they're past useless he'd tell me it's  bug coincidentally for 3  months and definitely not hormones they have the mind set that peri is all in the mind and apart from the odd hot flushes they don't see it being an issue . They make me feel a hypochondriac and nut casee I'm sure they roll their eyes when they see my name on their list

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »

Have you spoken to your Pharmacist?

Peroxideblader

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 06:35:27 PM »

Ckld?? My pharmacist?? Not something that they would talk to me about I'm afraid..and I keep reading about pain and nausea during periods but although I'm getting bloating worse than ever and tummy ache it's not severe and my periods are much heavier but for 3 days then light then heavy a few days..maybe try to see doctor but it'll be next week now when I can get it plus they'll just say a bug it isn't though..I hope it's not a hysterectomy I need I can't see it if it's only for heavy periods

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »

Why not for heavy periods?  What else would a hysterectomy be for?

If you are in the UK then a Pharmacist may well give advice on what to take for the vomiting, if you are so anti your GP?

kiltgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 07:50:16 PM »

You poor thing, as if it isn't bad enough already without vomiting  :-\

A hysterectomy does seem drastic for heavy periods especially unmanageable painful ones, but that's just what I've signed myself up for, I can't wait to be free from them!

x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 10:51:29 PM »

Please don't think I was meaning you were choosing a hysterectomy for  no reason I meant I have heavy  periods yes but not agonising pain so I wouldn't need a hysterectomy I'm not in the same desperately awful situation as you ladies that need one.
And my chemist would offer ibuprofen for the pain and ginger maybe both don't help ...I do have some anti sickness tablets somewhere I think from when I was taking oromorph but I just wanted to see if this new sickness thing was hormone related

Dorothy

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 12:03:53 AM »

Ginger would be worth trying - I drink lemon & ginger tea to help with the nausea or sometimes just grate ginger root into hot water.

What stage are you at in peri and how old are you?  Are you getting any other symptoms?

Peroxideblader

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »

I'm 48 and looking back I've had all the symptoms for about 3 years still getting periods but every 23 days not 28 and a lot heavier..got the sweats the insomnia ( haven't got to sleep before 3am for 3 years) and the anxiety panic attacks had a breakdown 3 years ago..I'm starting hrt I hope soon but I'm scared as the only reason I'm starting it is for the sleep deprivation I can't function and it's making me ill and more depressed...but if it doesn't help me get to sleep I'll stop it as there's high risk of heart attacks and strokes in my family..snd this nausea has just finished me off..

Dorothy

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »

Try not to worry about the risk of heart attack/stroke.  Insomnia is also linked to these issues, as is stress, so being permanently sleep-deprived and stressed about it is surely worse than taking HRT!  And if you get the right balance of hormones, you are likely to feel so much better that living healthily (good exercise, the right diet etc) will be easier because you have more energy to do these things, which will again reduce your risk.  I am on the birth control pill for 9 weeks followed by a 4 day break - on the pill, I sleep so much better and generally feel better and live more healthily.  I'm now midway through a 4-day break, in pain, exhausted, aching and don't want to do anything but lie under the duvet eating junk food...sure this is higher-risk than the hormones!!!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 03:55:21 PM »

Thanks for your help..do you think I should consider the contraceptive pill instead of hrt then I've never been in the pill before..is there any reason why you haven't started on hrt and did your sleep improve in getting to sleep?

Dorothy

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »

My GP advised BCP because of my age.  The levels are higher and as it overrides your own cycle, you stay on a more even keel so it's supposed to be better for younger women or those in the early stages (I was 35 when I started getting symptoms, now 41).  I'm not supposed to stay on it after 50 - the GP says at that point I will have to come off it and then take HRT if I still need something - so even if you could get a prescription now, it wouldn't be worth it as you would have to adjust to something new in 2 years time.  It's certainly not lower-risk than HRT.  And the break is grim - I have to book a long weekend off work every 3 months to deal with it, which isn't how I want to be spending my holiday!

But yes, I do feel much better on it and sleep better too.  There are all sorts of different hormone replacement options, it's a case of finding the right one for you, but don't be afraid to try what your doctor has prescribed for you. If it doesn't work, you can always try something else, and if it does work, you will feel so much better and that will impact on the rest of your life.  Do you know what HRT you have been prescribed?  There are loads of very knowledgeable ladies on the forum, so I'm sure someone will be able to advise you.
Pages: [1] 2