Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Missing periods  (Read 2469 times)

missyb

Missing periods
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:32:54 PM »

Hey Ladies

I posted earlier in the year when I suspected I was having peri symptoms, April I think it was and things had settled back down again for a good few months.

However, since November my periods have started playing up again.  The first one coming at 32 days (which I know doesn't seem late but as my cycles are anything between 20 - 25 days, it was almost a week late.  My husbands father was in hospital at the time and later died so I did put it down to stress.  I expected my next period to be early (as that's usually how they go), but I'm at 40 days now with no sign of it starting (I'm hoping by whining it will miraculously make it start).  I'm a little narky but that's about it, having the occasional tummy pain and head ache but nothing that makes me think i'm going to start at any time.  I've gone all summer with no hot flushes but have had a couple recently but not daily.

Anyway, I guess again I'm just after reassurance from you all that this is a normal part of "peri", I've just turned 40 so I know i'm young to be starting this and had hoped that after the last time it was just a false alarm.  My hubby had the snip 8 years ago so of course whilst I know its highly unlikely I may be pregnant the lateness is slight stressing me a little which I know wont be helping.  I'm assuming that this could happen several times now, I mean the lateness?  I'm just so used to having shorter cycles so not sure really what to expect now?

Cazikins

Re: Missing periods
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:04:06 PM »

Hi missyb
You seem a bit young for peri but it is certainly not out of the question.
I would see how it goes over the next 2 months or so. Keep a diary of how you are feeling.
It could be stress from the loss of your F.I.L.

I hope things turn out ok for you.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:13:15 AM »

If you are peri-menopausal then this will need to be monitored as you will definitely need HRT at some point to protect your heart and bones as you are so young. it is not necessary after the off late period but as Cazi says keep an eye on it and if you have a few more late ones ( for you) then go back to the doctor and ask for blood tests. To diagnose premature menopause you should have two blood tests 4-6 weeks apart according to the NICE Guidelines:
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/chapter/recommendations#diagnosing-and-managing-premature-ovarian-insufficiency

At just 40 you are borderline for this and there is a strong genetic link so I understand.

Hurdity x

missyb

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 10:41:53 AM »

Thanks ladies, I was convinced I was starting this back in April I had some vaginal oestrogen (i think that's what it was) and it was almost as if taking that reset things as the hot flushes and a few other symptoms just stopped.

My mom was also an early menopauser so I do keep thinking maybe I will be too.  I record my cycles and the last year has been a bit different I think.  This is the 3 period that has been late and the 2nd that has hit into the forties. A little tummy ache but still no signs of staring, my last period was very odd, took a few days to get going, was very painful and clotty and lasted for almost 9 days, I've never had one last that long ever.  Oh to be a woman eh.