Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Any Outlander Fans Here?  (Read 5957 times)

Tempest

Any Outlander Fans Here?
« on: December 06, 2016, 09:11:59 PM »

I am OBSESSED with Outlander!!! First, it was the books by Diana Gabaldon but now.....NOW it's the series! I can't stand it - I NEED season 3!

And I'm more than a bit obsessed with Sam Heughan as Jamie! If you don't know who he is, please Google - but beware of more than the usual climacteric palpitations, ladies!  ;)

I have to say that things for me came to a head when I was in Wholefoods Market in Glasgow and I was just paying for my organic muffins a while back when I turned round and HE was standing in the queue behind me with his basket of shopping! Dribbling wreck doesn't even begin to cover it! :o ;D :D

Although I have a wonderful Scottish 'Jamie' of my very own, I did feel like a giddy teenage girl again (which was nice while it lasted).... ;)

Any other fans, please say hello!  :)

Darkhorse

• First Flush
Re: Any Outlander Fans Here?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »

Love Outlander, currently half way through 4th book and desperately waiting for season 3 😍😍😍

bramble

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:03 PM »

Read the books a long long time ago but lost the plot st the book when they went to America. Haven't watched the series.
Bramble

Menomale

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 07:11:58 PM »

I love it and now am so envious of you Tempest!

nearly50

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 07:14:05 PM »

Tempest, you're in Scotland aren't you? Did you see the STV report on the changes being made to the closes on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh for filming this week? They're also filming in Dunure again, must be the ship scenes. It has been really good for Scotland, brought in a fortune. Just a shame that we don't get to see it on terrestrial tv.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:14:38 PM »

Why is it that we become gibberish when meeting 'idols' ........ and I have no idea what or who you are talking about  ;D

nearly50

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »

Why is it that we become gibberish when meeting 'idols' ........ and I have no idea what or who you are talking about  ;D

I become very very cheeky which is worse - met Joe Strummer once and just slagged off his hair because I was so nervous.

maelynn

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 02:41:24 AM »

I'm a huge fan too although I've only read the books. I usually reread the series every few years.