Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Lower back and wrist pain  (Read 4280 times)

Rozh

• First Flush
Lower back and wrist pain
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »

Hi I'm newbie I'm 47 had hysterectomy 4 years ago ovaries left I've been suffering with lower back pain which is worst in morning for last 4 months tried ibufrophen tablets and rub when to drs they prescribed me naproxen still no better went back to drs she gave me hrt 1mg elleste been on them nearly 3 weeks got to go and see her in a fortnight. I also have hot sweats mild,dry and irritable vagina,wrist pain,sleep pattern toss and turn all night, mood swings and brain fog. The lower back pain and wrist pain get me really down I'm hoping it will get better being on hrt  ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lower back and wrist pain
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »

It's really Trial and Error, not called 'the change' for nowt  ::)

I believe that as oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Hopefully you will find relief with the HRT - it can take several months to really make a difference.

Is your GP supportive?

Rozh

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:43:40 PM »

Hi yes my gp is supportive I go in a fortnight she did tell me it can take 6 weeks to notice any difference I do seem to sleep better the last last 2 nights.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »

I feel your pain re the back

I'm at this very moment laying on my side babysitting my 10 month old granddaughter . I've got to scoop her up soon, load the car and pick the other 2 grandchildren up from school.  Movement is so limited as it most days.  I find it so debilitating

I have slipped my disc a few times the latest oct 2015 and I worry this is me for life now

Can't take codeine, 500mg naproxen doesn't help either . My E levels always good as I've been on high dose since 1999 and I'm only just 50

GP told me to call physio and they gave me exercises to do which don't help.  Anything like hoovering, sitting upright etc just leaves me in pain and not very flexible

I think I need to call physio again

X

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 07:41:10 PM »

Hi Megamind

I don't keep going to the docs about my back , perhaps I should really so someone takes a look at it.  It's every week and most days it's affecting me

Sitting at my desk means I can hardly move when I get home.  Sitting on a sofa is agony then I struggle to move my right leg to take a step.  Once I'm walking it eases off.  Standing still is a no no.  Only relief is laying in fetal position or half sitting on right bum cheek(sort of semi laying with legs tucked into bum) or kneeling.  It's my right side of spine that is usually the troublesome (just a tad to the right of spine)

I babysit the grandchildren Wednesday's and thursdays and every week without fail I'm in agony x

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 08:03:24 PM »

I stopped laying on tummy when the disc slipped in 2010, that was the worst ever but I did recover well.  This one oct 2015 feels like it's damaged me forever.  I had another one this summer just walking into lounge.  We camp and about 20 mins before we park I take naproxen but always end up useless that first evening

I really can't go on like this x

Rozh

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »

Mega mind
My dr gave me exercises but don't do any good that's why she put me on 1mg elleste she said it would help with all symptoms x

Optimist

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 11:12:04 AM »

Hi just to let you know I suffered from lower right back pain and painful finger joints (right hand only)! As soon as I started the hrt I noticed a difference. I can honestly say it's the only thing that's keeping me on it as I'm having a nightmare with the progesterone side of it. I don't have a bad back anymore and can run again. Fingers ache occasionally in mornings but not very noticeably. Good luck with it as I do believe it's helped my symptoms.