Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello - and advice needed!  (Read 1850 times)

Mrs Winkle

• First Flush
Hello - and advice needed!
« on: December 07, 2016, 02:17:38 PM »

Hello all

I'm new here! I'm 44 and have been peri for about 2-3 years, with my symptoms gradually getting worse. I've just started HRT (Femseven Sequi) and really want it to work.

I have two problems - firstly, getting the patches to stick. I use a hairdryer to warm it before sticking it on, and then blast it afterwards as well as holding my palm over it. Then I put a couple of strips over the edges to hold them down. Still they fall off, and it's costing me a fortune! I'm very active so I do sweat, and I really don't want to stop that, so maybe patches aren't for me?

Secondly, I've suddenly developed abdominal bloating, and I look pregnant. It's not uncomfortable, but it looks awful and is making me very self-conscious.

Any advice? Experiences?

clare663

Re: Hello - and advice needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 02:37:01 PM »

Hi Mrs Winkle. I cant comment on the patches you are using as I have never tried them but I did use Everol 50 and never had a problem with them falling off, in fact they were difficult to remove when the replacement was due!  I bathed, showered, swam and sunbathed in them. Maybe you have a dodgy pack?

With regards to the bloating, yes it is an unfortunate side effect and not much that can be done about it. Hopefully someone who has experience of this HRT will be along soon and can answer from their experience.

If there is one thing I have learnt about the different HRT's is that no two people have the same side effects or the same results.

xx

Mrs Winkle

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »

Thanks - my husband is picking up yet another batch of patches from the chemist tonight, so maybe these will stick better. I want to go swimming but daren't for fear of losing yet another patch!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 03:01:17 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Mrs. Winkle
I found patches difficult to cope with. Pills can actually be OK - what about trying Femoston 1/10 to start with, as you may be less likely to get bloating on a lower dose, and then increase to the 2/10 (higher dose) if you need to.
Alternatively, you can use Oestrogel (applied daily) with separate progesterone pills taken for 10-12 days each month.
Patches are medium dose so may be a bit too strong to start off with - it's always good to start low and then increase if needed.   DG x

Mrs Winkle

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »

Thank you! I'll mention this to my GP :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »

Hi Mrs Winkle (Tiggy?)

:welcomemm: from me too!

Yet another suggestion from me - I use Estradot patches and they are tiny and stick really well - no need to use anything to help them stick ( I do keep an eye on them though and give them an extra press eg when I go to the loo - but as they are on butt cheek the pressure if you sit does help!). If you use these tho0yugh you have to use separate Progesterone - none of which are transdermal - I use utrogestan ( although I use it vaginally) and there are Provera tablets.

Hurdity x

Mrs Winkle

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 09:05:06 AM »

Thanks Hurdity :)