Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Severe & continuous breast pain advice needed  (Read 1980 times)

mumofthree

Severe & continuous breast pain advice needed
« on: December 05, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »

Do any of you suffer with constant breast pain? It's been going on for about 2 years. I occassionally get about 2-3 days break which also seems to be when I get bad anxiety.

I've had to wear a sports bra to bed for 2 years. The pain wakes me in the night when I move. They also itch a lot!! Sometimes I could scratch them raw. I can also sometimes feel like there's stuff moving all over them or through them. It reminds me of after childbirth when the milk comes in. Sometimes they are so bad it feels like mastitis.

I've been to the GP a few times but she just says there's nothing I can do except take evening primrose which I've done for months. I had a breast cancer scare last year. I had a precancerous lump  (Radial scar with Atypia) removed by lumpectomy. I previously had bad pain in the area where they found this mass and I'm convinced it was bought about by hormones but there's no evidence of this. Also, I do not have any follow up as it wasn't an actual breast cancer?? (I've challenged this but had no luck)

Does anyone else have this much breast pain? has anything relived it?

Dancinggirl

Re: Severe & continuous breast pain advice needed
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:12:33 AM »

mumofthree - are you on HRT?  This type of breast pain is very typical for peri meno.  I started my peri stage in my mid 30s and I kept thinking I was pregnant as my breasts were really tender as is typical in early pregnancy.
When I was a put on HRT the tenderness settled quite quickly - although HRT can make the breasts tender for a few weeks at first.
All I can tell you is that the breast pain should subside once your periods stop. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Severe & continuous breast pain advice needed
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »

HRT can also ease intense itchiness which is often caused when oestrogen levels drop.  I relate to the dreadful constant itching  >:( usually my insteps: OK in the day but as soon as socks are off !

Evening primrose oil may help - or taking capsules regularly?