Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: VA/bladder symptoms - upped to max estrogen - I cry at plants!  (Read 8352 times)

cjmca

Re: VA/bladder symptoms - upped to max estrogen - I cry at plants!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 04:04:25 PM »

I'm just loathed to try anything that isn't bioidentical, or as close to it as possible. Because boy did those pills make me go off on one

:stretcher:

Dorothy

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 06:50:56 PM »

You could try camomile tea - it's anti-spasmodic and sedative.  I drink it when I'm feeling emotionally wobbly or wound up and also when my bladder plays up.  It's one of the safest herbal teas out there, but if you haven't tried it before, maybe just one cup and see how you go as not everyone can take it. 

I usually drink one cup a day (at night) and if I get bladder issues, drink 3 cups one after the other, which usually sorts it out (it's not good to drink large quantities continually as it can actually cause irritation then instead of easing it, but as a one off to deal with a known problem, it's fine)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 07:04:10 PM »

As a meander: we grew a camomile lawn many years ago, it was my most expensive mistake  :o - I hated the smell, weed seeds germinated between the plants ………. after 3 years it came up!

Maryjane

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 07:36:55 PM »

Hi I have a PN diagnose also. Physio and gynae said as we atrophy the PN nerve for some can get aggravated.

The vulva is one mass of PN nerves , clitorise rectum etc as I am sure you are aware , goes in the bladder it is everywhere down there.

cjmca

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 08:20:14 PM »

I hope as I un-atrophy, the PN nerve calms down! If that's the culprit, it did calm down before after the nerve block. Or, it's just an atrophy issue and the estrogen was doing the job, before it was cut back too soon. Difficult to know really!

cjmca

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 12:12:43 PM »

What's difficult to understand for me is that my pain doc said my pudendal nerve test was positive. Yet my ladies physio didn't think it was PN related as I didn't respond to any of the internal trigger points. I don't have any pain anywhere other than bladder and vagina. Basically places I've atrophy.  But still there's the positive test  ???

Hi I have a PN diagnose also. Physio and gynae said as we atrophy the PN nerve for some can get aggravated.

The vulva is one mass of PN nerves , clitorise rectum etc as I am sure you are aware , goes in the bladder it is everywhere down there.

ancient runner

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 12:37:27 PM »

Another VA woman here - discovered I get the sort of symptoms you are describing when I get thrush. Not the usual symptoms at all. A thrush pessary or even tons of cream often sorts it out.

Annie0710

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2016, 12:54:29 PM »

Ironic you say that Ancient Runner

I'm a VA sufferer (on vagifem 4/7) and reckon my external soreness might be thrush.  I'll look into that treatment before I trouble GP x

ancient runner

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 01:02:18 PM »

Discovered this a year ago when the GP gave me a very thorough examination before prescribing Femoston. I was amazed when the swabs came back and said I had thrush as it was bladder and urethral soreness that were the problem (with a bit of external soreness). I used the pessary prescribed and waited a few days to start the Femoston - and haven't started it yet though I have treated myself for thrush roughly every six weeks.
I use the Estring.

Annie0710

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 01:07:31 PM »

I used to get thrush at the end of each period and remember the burning sore feeling, this doesn't burn but thrush did cross my mind. 

X

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 04:52:41 PM »

I had itching high up at the end of the bleed, probably due to the area being dry up there.  Thrush thrives on sugars ….. I have used Live yoghurt eaten and applied which sorts it for me - lots eaten for 4-5 days and application is cooling and soothing  ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:51:06 PM by CLKD »

ancient runner

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 11:52:35 AM »

Canesten all the way for me. Yoghurt's for eating.  ;D

JaneinPen

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »

I am 66. Went through the menopause in my forties. I have just been prescribed Vagifem (each night for two weeks and then twice/three times a week)as I was getting continual UTI's. The doctor said that even although my menopause finished a long time ago once the UTI's start they tend to get worse which is just what has happened over the past year until it has been constant. I had an ultrasound on my bladder and kidneys to rule out stones, tumours etc and it was clear (thank goodness). Comments would be welcome on how successful this treatment has been for any other users of Vagifem

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »

Great for most of us!  Were your urine samples sent for testing in a Lab. as it is the ONLY way for a GP to know which anti-biotics to prescribe.  Often these are not necessary because vaginal dryness mimics urine/bladder problems. 

Sometimes the feelings of needing to pee returns so I do an Ovestin 're-load': the option to Vagifem: i.e. every night for 2 weeks then twice a week.  There are several threads on here about VA  ::) [My Bladder etc. is one to look at].  Sometimes ladies find that the whole vaginal area; outer and inner lips; need to be kept moist, using Sylc or similar.  Do browse round.

Hurdity

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 06:16:18 PM »

Hi JaneinPen

:welcomemm:

I use Vagifem as well as systemic HRT ( ie patches that release oestrogen into my system) - hopefully it will work for you and you will soon feel more comfortable in your nether regions!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2] 3