Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sour acid taste and feeling nauseous  (Read 2409 times)

Melbury

Sour acid taste and feeling nauseous
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:43:59 PM »

I first had this a some years ago and was put on Omeprazole, which I took for nearly two years continually, then gave it up after reading you shouldn't be on it all the time, then just took it occasionally when needed.

However, it has been so bad again lately and the Omeprazole is not making any difference at all. Have also tried Ranitidine, Andrews health salts, cider vinegar in water, lemon juice, crystallised ginger, but all to no avail. 

I just don't know why it suddenly comes back with a vengeance, but I am starting to think that it has absolutely nothing to do with acid reflux - which is what the doctor told me it was years ago. 

Could it possibly be hormonal and perhaps worse because I have been back on Vagifem for the past week or so? 

I also suffer from idiopathic neuropathy in both legs and feet, which has been getting worse and read that a sour taste can be related to nerve disorders.

I am sorry to sound such a whinger, but it is all so depressing and I can't think of anything else to try and cure this. My mouth feels so acidic and my tongue sore that I am worried that it will affect my tooth enamel:(

Melbury

Re: Sour acid taste and feeling nauseous
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:11:12 PM »

Melbury, have you googled b12 deficiency, take a look and see if your symptoms fit.  I get the nausea and horrible taste and am on lansoprazole for acid reflux (I have a hiatus hernia) plus recently had an endoscopy which showed gastritis.  You could ask about switching to a different PPI to see if that helps.

S x

Thank you sparkle. 

A couple of years ago I started taking B12 supplement (mainly for neuropathy) and got my levels up from about 235 to 900+.  It didn't stop the neuropathy though or the nausea/sour taste.  I have tried Nexium, but it was no better than Omeprazole.  I don't want to get back to taking PPI's on a permanent basis, I am convinced they are not good if taken all the time.

I have have had a couple of endoscopy's (Dr called them gastroscopy's - is that the same?) and they just said result was the lowest grade (mild inflammation in oesophagus).  The most recent one was done last February. H-pylori the first time about 7 years ago, so had the treatment, but no sign of H-pylori last February.