Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sleep deprivation 3 years can't cope  (Read 7887 times)

Dana

Re: Sleep deprivation 3 years can't cope
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 08:51:30 PM »

Your doctor's bedside manner might not be the best, but he's not really "rubbish".

Most doctors don't do blood tests because they are notoriously unreliable. Doctors usually go on symptoms.

A sleep clinic really isn't going to tell you anything, because you have to sleep so they can monitor it, and you probably wouldn't sleep. They are also more designed for people who have issues while they are sleeping, like sleep apnea etc. Your insomnia is more than likely being caused by hormones, so that's what needs to be addressed.

I can also understand his frustration of having people coming in and saying "well I've read this on the internet....". They must get so many people coming to see them after being diagnosed by Dr Google. You can do all the research you want, and read a lot of posts, but everyone has a different journey and will react differently to different hrts.  The main thing I've learned is to never discount or demonise any particular hrt. You might do perfectly well on the one he wanted to precribe, and not so well on the one you've had your heart set on. You might find tablets don't suit you at all, but you do better on patches. You really need to be open minded and prepared to try different ones, if the first one doesn't feel right.

Anyway, the main thing now is that you have hrt. Try to have a positive attitude. Also remember not to get disheartened if this isn't the one for you. It is very common to need to try some different one, or increase the dose, before you settle.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:42:00 PM by Dana »
Pages: 1 2 [3]