Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Started hrt patches 8 days ago- how long to work?  (Read 8897 times)

linfit

Started hrt patches 8 days ago- how long to work?
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:50:55 PM »

Hi
I am new to the forum. I started on hrt patches (Evorel conti 50g) eight days ago. Can anyone tell me how long they may take to work, particularly around anxiety issues?

Thank you

Dancinggirl

Re: Started hrt patches 8 days ago- how long to work?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:30:56 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM linfit
Most HRTs will start to reduce flushes and night sweats within a couple of weeks.  When it comes to anxiety, it may take more time and HRT alone may not be enough.  Practising some CBT and Mindful Meditation is helpful and often looking at lifestyle e.g. diet and exercise regime etc. should also be considered - there is rarely one magic fix for anxiety. Did your anxiety start for the first time when menopause hit? Have you had episodes of anxiety in the past?
I believe that once the flushes are under control and you start to sleep better, then the improvement in wellbeing will lift the mood.  HRT in continuous form, as you are using, which includes progesterone all the time, can throw up issues in terms of mood and this is why we often suggest a sequential HRT to begin with, however you are starting on a good option so do persevere. 
You do need to give any HRT about 3 months to really do it's magic and perhaps try something different if this one doesn't work.  Keep us posted.  DG x

vickypk

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 06:55:27 PM »

Hello linfit
I've been using the Evorel conti patches for over a year.  I had a lot of menopause symptoms including bad anxiety.  It took me a couple of months really to feel better with the patches, as I had a few side effects, but carried on with them.  I also cut them in half until the side effects settled down.
Hope this helps
xx

Springer

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »

Welcome! My main concern is anxiety and low mood, too. On femiston conti. Early days yet. I started mid October. Definitely improved the flushes. Agree other things help too. Regular meditation, yoga etc. Avoiding coffee and alcohol. It's hard sometimes to know if it is meno related but my partner agrees that it's been coming on at same time as hot flushes over last year.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »

Hi linfit

:welcomemm: from me too :)

As a matter if interest how old are you and whereabouts in menopause are you? I presume you have been without a period for some time if you have been started on Evorel conti?

I started on Evorel sequi when I  first went onto HRT at almost 54 - and I was in late peri-menopause (had been without period for 5 months and then a few months before that) - was having very bad flushes and sweats. These did start to ease within a few days and had probably disappeared by a couple of weeks. I was not taking progestogen all the time though, which as Dancinggirl says can affect anxiety sometimes - if you are sensitive to that particular type.

Hurdity x