Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Surging feeling  (Read 4675 times)

dangermouse

Re: Surging feeling
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 10:36:21 PM »

A very bad morning today nausea big time anxiety. In tears and need help how to cope with this trauma? Thanks to all those who have commented on this issue. Very upset and sad. Even boys went to school all upset. Breaks heart. Kind words help a lot with the story shared.

When I was at my worst I did find a low dose beta blocker helped as it reduces adrenaline. Obviously not a long term suggestion but it really does dampen the physical anxiety without side effects like some other meds.

Autumn16

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 10:39:44 PM »

Hi All
The surging remained for most of the day, didn't feel like going out as felt shaky and cold but I forced myself to go out and ended up in f&m ice cream parlour had an ice cream sundae .....it was delish 😀

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 10:53:59 PM »

The only time I have ever had silent migraines was when I was pregnant. Which is the hormone that would have caused it?

Nowadays, I seem to get quite sharp headaches tied to when my progesterone level rises/falls.

Also I have been getting quite a sharp ear ache in my left ear, and my scalp on the left side of my head feels very tender.

Charlotte ...

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 03:00:10 PM »

Hi Autumn,
It was getting my oestrogen levels up to a high level that just swept it away, i was a nervous wreck with that feeling.

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 03:48:44 PM »

Hi Autumn16

Sounds definitely some sort of hormone effect - surge or decrease.

In view of your recent estradiol reading - you remember I suggested perhaps you had ovulated and a period might be on the way? Do you think this could be happening? If this is the case then since your blood tests was takne you will have experienced a fall in oestrogen, a rise and then fall in progesterone and a period should start approx two weeks following the blood test. If you haven't ovulated then it could just be your falling oestrogen levels as the follicles in your ovary fail to mature, before the next lot get going (if there are any!). Craving for carbs often happens towards the end of the second half of the menstrual cycle....

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]