Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: bleeding  (Read 8442 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: bleeding
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »

mimuminschein
I am not an expert on these things - I can only speak from my own experience.  I have heard that the French are a bit ahead of us here tin eh Uk when it comes to treating menopause symptoms but you should be able to get the same type of treatment in the UK - it's just that most GPs and even gynaecologists are tn' very clued up about this type of problem.
There must be so many reason why one gets discomfort around eh vaginal area - mine is particularly related to my urethra which often burns but I also get general itching and soreness elsewhere.  Over the many years I have suffered from this - I am 60 now and it problem started in my early 40s!!) I have devised various strategies that help to control the problems and I have told you all the ways I find works for me.
I wouldn't use Multi Gyn Actigel all the time (it is quite acidic but is effective for killing bacteria)  and Sylk is fro a bit of lubrication and moisturisation.
It's the regime of using the Vagifem and Sylk regularly, avoiding scented products, drinking more water and far less caffein, emptying the bladder properly each time and cleaning well after opening the bowels etc. that help to reduce the chance of BV and other infections emerging and keeping everything generally more comfortable. 
If I remember rightly, you are already in the your mid 50s, so must be coming towards the end of your peri meno phase so oestrogen will be dropping.  Oestrogen deficiency does play havoc with our whole urogenital area and managing this can be difficult.
I don't know what else to advice at this stage - except try the Multi Gyn Actigel daily( as per instructions) for a couple of weeks - I like to use the tube with an attachment that allows you to squirt some up inside -  then perhaps use this once a day 2-3 times a week as maintenance.   Use Sylk after every shower and if things start to become dry then ask for Vagifem.  Keep your regime for the ‘lady bit's simple and pure.
If, like so many of us, you are carrying a bit too much weight, then changing your diet and loosing some weight together with some good exercise like brisk walking - then this should help your blood pressure and also help to keep the gut and flora balance in your body more healthy.  DG xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]