Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sleep deprivation 3 years can't cope  (Read 7889 times)

dazned

Re: Sleep deprivation 3 years can't cope
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 06:14:46 PM »

Have you tried valerian ,I found it helped,also having a long soak in an Epsom salts bath .

elsie001

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 06:23:36 PM »

Hi Peroxidebladder - in answer to your question, yes I only have progesterone from the coil. I may need to add in Oestrogen cream if hot flushes strike but my oestrogen levels are still within normal range. Must say I'm grateful not to have any pills to remember to pop daily.

The other reason I had the coil fitted was for very heavy periods.  Since they've stopped, I've had to visit the loo a lot less than before.  Also, my 'leakage' problems have gone which is a huge relief.  I found, a few days before my period was due, I'd occasionally leak a bit of urine, just walking which did nothing for my confidence.  Bad enough with coughing, laughing and sneezing! I think my womb lining was so thick that it may have been pressing on other parts eg bladder. Anyway - problem gone!

On my sleepless nights, I'd go to the loo constantly.  I assume that all my tossing and turning was irritating my bladder.  Either that, or my over-active mind was so paranoid about needing the loo, that I was almost predicting yet another trip!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 04:06:52 PM »

Hi to answer the last few comments...I've been diagnosed with a nervous bladder by urology consultant been going on for 30 years has botox in my bladder but it didn't help so there's no cure for the 10 times through the night wees but it used to be only about 4 times its definitely got worse which I'm sure meno is to blame. Also I wish I could nod off anywhere just not bed but I can't sleep at all til the 3am earliest time I can rest mod evening but no chance of sleeping I wouldn't have a problem if I could get sleep full stop.
Thanks for the coil info my doctors won't do blog tests they say they are not reliable in peri so I don't know if I could get away with just the coil for progesterone and no oestrogen buy with having pretty regular periods ( coming every 24 days instead of 28) I don't know if I need fill hrt. I love reading the people who hrt helps with their getting to sleep but I could be with the other people that made no difference.  I either have severe sude effects on tablets or like pain killers they have zero effect.  Thanks I still look forward to replied.
Oh and regarding my eating disorder. I have not suffered from bulimia or anorexia for 18 years my diet is good but you have the disorder for life it rules how you feel you look and the need yo stay slim so any weight gain due to hrt could potentially put me back 18 years...don't get me wrong if I gained weight but slept I would have the strength to cope eith that but if I gain weight and still lack of sleep it would push me over the edge I hope people understand my predicament

Dawncam

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 04:45:44 PM »

Peroxideblader - I'm so sorry to hear of your insomnia, it's so destructive and we all need sleep to remain healthy. You mentioned that you have other long term illnesses - might they or any drugs you use for them contribute to your insomnia? What meds do you take on a daily basis?

Dxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 05:23:49 PM »

At one point do you go to bed?  I find that when I sit up to read or watch TV, I have difficulty getting to sleep.  Right now I'm reading an interesting book which gets my brain going  :( - I can then be awake until 3.00 or beyond.

How is your diet over-all?  If the body is hungry it can stay awake.  How much exercise are you able to take each week?

Maybe it's time to see a Urology Consultant regarding 'irritable' bladder?  30 years is a long time ago. 

How tired are you, might be a silly question but when I was working in a highly pressurised job I would be awake for hours and worry about not being able to cope the next day - but I managed.  As the day went on I would have a dip in energy levels then get my 2nd-wind after tea  ::)

For many years when sleep was a problem I would have the radio on quietly beside the bed.

Charlotte ...

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »

Oh it's utterly awful isn't it? I'm in the same boat, HRT hasn't made  a difference yet, I'm still hoping, I feel like a zombie.
I hope you find something to ameliorate it.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 11:12:46 PM »

I wonder if trying another 'tack' might work?  Years ago when Ihad problems sleeping all night sometimes it was because I woke to see if I had actually *been* asleep  ::).  Then I decided to either read, listen to music, get up and make a drink ….. anything to break the brain racing "I must sleep, I must sleep".

Perhaps altering your whole go-2-bed routine would work?  Fill the space when you think you should be sleeping with something productive so that your brain is kept active.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 02:15:02 PM »

Hi in reply with thanks...I do go to bed I've varied it but now I go yo bed after reading in the lounge and my eyesons are heavy usually around 1230 then when I get to bed I become wide awake give it an hour get back up read til my eyes are too heavy then keep repeating bed..up..read..bed..until around 330 I eventually drop off.  Tried getting up very early so I'm literally dying on my feet but makes no difference and I've tried sleeping where I read on sofa but no luck.  It's like my body is shattered but as soon as I try to sleep my mind is racing and alert..tried hypnosis cbt relating cds etc no caffeine don't drink alcohol anyway..you name it..I just know it's a level in my body is missing at night or too high..I'm only on escitalopran and that made no adverse on my ability to drop off I stopped it for 3 months and my sleep was non existent and depression and anxiety came back ten fold so went back on it.  I'm off to doctors to discuss referral to sleep clinic and hrt blood tests again. They said they won't show anything in peri so it's going off symptoms of peri of whigh I've got most of them if not I'm back to zopiclone nighty addictive or not I can't carry on like this

Charlotte ...

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2016, 03:04:20 PM »

I've had zopiclone  for the odd week here and there but I won't take it anymore, it makes me so depressed and closed off to the world the next morning. I really wish I could sleep past 4.00am, the days are toooooo long.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2016, 03:08:03 PM »

Well surprise surprise my male old doctor was rubbish...had to really argue yo get femoston instead of elleste duet as he said they are all the same no difference whatever the type of progesterone actually laughed and said you women and your on line friends said you believe anything apart from a doctor who knows best this was after a said I'd researched hrt and it seemed a good one to start with. I asked for blood tests he said no point they won't show anything til I've stopped my periods and with regard to a sleep clinic he said that was for life changing sleep issues not mine!!! Unreal..so constant 4 hours interrupted sleep every night for 3 years is not life changing well sorry it is for me my life is ruined..my doctors don't give a hoot

Peroxideblader

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 03:10:46 PM »

Hi Charlotte I'm fine on zopiclone no side effects other than metal taste and I'm the other way without the odd night of 6 hours of sleep on it I'd be more depressed.  And I agree the days are so long I'm the opposite of you I can't get to sleep til 4am and my partner and kids have been asleep since 11 so that 5 hours through the night is so long and lonely

Charlotte ...

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »

It's so lonely and worse in these dark nights/morning, well I hope we get  7 hours sleep again,  one day!

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »

So have a blanket and wrap up so that you drop off on the sofa?  That way you don't wake the body which will encourage the brain to start and then the bladder joins in etc., etc., etc..

Have you spoken with a local Pharmacist if your GP is stubborn?  There are private rooms in Chemist's shops now so that may be another tack.  Or register with a GP outside of your area as a visitor? 

soniad

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »

Hi Peroxideblader,

I really feel for you. There is nothing more soul-destroying than insomnia - and your doctor sounds like an arrogant prat.

There's a wonderful book called 'The sleep book ' by Dr. Guy Meadows, It won't cure your insomnia, but it's an excellent resource about the do's and don'ts in terms of what to do when you can't sleep.

I found it very comforting when I was struggling with insomnia and the sleep anxiety that accompanied it.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 08:17:40 PM »

The more I tried to sleep the more awake my brain stayed  >:(  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3