Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pain in nose!  (Read 12704 times)

countrybumpkin

Pain in nose!
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:16:48 AM »

I get really really weird pains and things and always have done much to the amusement and confusion of my Dr's!

I found out after having nasal oxygen during an endoscpy proceedure many years ago that I have temperature sensitive nasal lining in my right nostril and any cold air sets off severe stabbing nerve pain for a day or more, which means i have to breathe through my mouth outside in winter when its cold ::)

Back in the summer when it was hot I woke up in the night and I had a very painfu area on the bone again right side of nose and could not bear to touch or move my nose and it throbbed for 2 days.  I then had pressure feelings on other side of face for a few days. I saw Dr and they could find nothing wrong but wondered about sinus and it went away within days.

This morning I woke up with sharp pain inside right side of nose when I breathed in through my nose or flared my nostril and sudden stabbing pains in same place. Yesterday I wasn't outside in the cold so can't see its due to cold air.
It hurts to sneeze as well.

I do not have any spots or anything inside nose - this is totally different pain from that - its like shooting nerve pain.

I know I am weird but just wondered if anyone else has ever experienced this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pain in nose!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:25:13 AM »

Not weird!  I had a soreness/pain in my right nostril last week, I think it was due to a hair follicle inflammation  ::) - no redness but it hurt to blow my nose ……. nothing to see on the outside but very sore inside.  I gently pushed a finger in and wriggled several times a day until the spot formed …….. then applied Savlon - gone now.

I also get sores on the - is it the septum  :-\ - that bony part so keep that well lubed too.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »

I also get spots in my nose but this is totally different as it does not hurt inside my nose at all when I shove my finger up it ;D      Its almost like  sciatic pain in your nose if that helps describe the pain. A sudden sharp stabbing of pain then gone and it happens if I stretch my nose like flaring my nostrils or taking a big sharp breath in through nose.

I really am weird when it comes to health and pain ::)

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:51:23 PM »

Do you get sinus pain or a runny eye with it?  My nose lining is hypersensitive which causes rhinitis all year round.  Sometimes I get sinus pain with it and occasionally a runny eye.  For me antihistamine helps.

this may not be the same as your nose issue but I do sympathise.  I am always aware of my nose, all day every day

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 07:05:31 PM »

I don't have either runny eye or nose.  When I had the nasal oxygen that gave such an extreme reaction my nose and eye streamed for a week and it was like someone was shoving an electric cattle prod up my nose every few seconds :o 

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 07:07:07 PM »

:o  OUCH!

Sounds similar to trigenomal neuralgia but in the wrong place.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »

Yes, I described it as sciatica in the nose ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 03:02:40 PM »

Any improvement?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 07:54:53 PM »

Much better though not completely gone, I have been outside though in the cold so waiting to see what happens next, its hard to remember to mouth breathe when outside all the time when its cold.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »

Get thyself a scarf from a Charity shop?  :D to wear around mouth and nose ……   I asked because I had sudden pain in my right nostril a couple of times and thought of you   ???

countrybumpkin

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »

I have visions of me stuffing tissue up my nose everytime I go out and it dangling down ;D
It came back again last night after I had been outside in the cold but more of an intense itch than sharp pain.  It feels like i Have someone with a feather duster living up my nostril.
I have bought a steroid nasal spray from chemist to use for a week and if that does not work then they said go to GP, I just love their puzzled expressions when I visit Dr's!!!!!!!!!!

linz57

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 08:51:23 PM »

My husband has problems with the nerves inside the top of his nose becoming inflamed  and to calm them down every so often he uses a steroid spray which he gets on prescription. I just wondered if you had ever tried that country bumpkin ?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 09:11:32 PM »

Just bought one from the phamacy and started it today.   When I had the severe reaction to the nasal oxygen that was the only treatment they could think of but didn't know at the time if it got better on its own or it was the spray.

Only I could have temperature sensitive nerves up my nose!

linz57

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 09:20:27 PM »

Hope it works for you , the only thing is it's not as powerful as the prescription strength. Mind you, that could be a good thing sometimes I suppose.
You should meet my hubby, I once sat next to him in the cinema watching one of the Lord of the Rings films and I was mortified. He sniffed all the way through the three hour film because the air con set him off . I slunk  out afterwards haha.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »

Haha.  My first ever reaction was dramatic and my nose and eye poured for days and everyone was so sympathetic to me about my terrible cold and would not believe I didn't have one ;D
Pages: [1] 2