Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Lactose in HRT???  (Read 1418 times)

Goingnuts42

Lactose in HRT???
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »

Hi,

Since taking the Elleste 1mg ( reduced from the 2mg)  I have been suffering from a really swollen tummy, which becomes a burning throb at nighttimes, so much that I can't sleep!!  I am also constantly on the toilet after eating.  My husband read the booklet and it says it contains lactose which I can't tolerate, has anyone heard of these symptoms happening if you are lactose intolerant?

Goingnuts42

Re: Lactose in HRT???
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:49:02 PM »

Yes, lots of things going on with my body at the minute and I'm just trying to find a simple reason for it all!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 07:17:34 PM »

Time to cut out the HRT to see if symptoms improve?

If you have sensitivity to Lactose then your gut will react to the coating/fillers. 

cubagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 09:49:14 PM »

Goingnuts I had same problem, still do. GP switched me to gel, which worked though now on patches.

I get so ill if anything has dairy in it. Pharmacist said it was only a minute amount, but still was enough to have me running.

You have my sympathies!  Do ask for a change.

Goingnuts42

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:58:42 AM »

Hi
Thanks for your advice.  I went to the doctors last night about it, she was really good although she said I was the first to come with this symptoms on HRT!  Advised me to stop taking and see if symptoms improve, if they do she can prescribe me the gel.  Just panicking now incase I have a meltdown, i have so much going on this next couple of weeks.... daughters 18th, trip away and then Christmas and I don't not need LEAKY EYE Syndrome to make an appearance  :'(