Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Replens  (Read 3089 times)

WANDERER2

Replens
« on: November 26, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »

Good afternoon ladies. Long time since I have posted, previously as MINNIE and WANDERER, but kept changing emails and forgetting my passwords!

Five years on from my original cry for help, I am no better really but understand the degeneration process and am not so "freaked out" as it is no worse, just will always be there sadly. Some of the symptoms do burn themselves out, like hot flushes and mood swings, but the physical changes will never go away, and that it why I am posting again.

I was put onto Evorel Conti 50 for several years, and didn't really feel a huge change. During that time I was also on Venlafaxine to control the anxiety, and that DID help with the "fog", that I still take once a day, but that has only been for a couple of years. I have come off the patches, as didn't really see the point! However the one thing that really distresses me is the vaginal thinning and weird spasms that it causes along with clitoral "tingling" as it has become exposed with the vagina shrinking. I use Vagifem twice a week and an oestrogen cream for external use, but it really doesn't seem to help, just stings! This is not a cry to be able to have sex again, but to be able to sit down without the weird tingling and spasms that shoot through me up inside! It goes into my bum too!

I have seen SO many clinicians, it is unbelievable, and every one is useless, they just don't get it!! Even Chairpersons of the Menopause Society, clearly being paid for nothing!! Apparently on the TV this week there was a documentary? "Celebrities in the Jungle" raving about the menopause and "their new life journey" - what crap!! Anyway, I digress, has anyone used Replens and found it does anything other than just lubricate for sex, does it actually "plump" the genital area at all?

Love to hear from you smashing ladies again!

xxxx

Hurdity

Re: Replens
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:21:54 PM »

Hi there WANDERER2 - welcome back! Sorry it is in such uncomfortable circumstances, and I can't help with the Replens but if you were on HRT and have stopped, and only using Vagifem twice a week then from the sound of things you have insufficient oestrogen. You should speak to your doc about increasing - either do another re-load ( daily for a fortnight and thereafter twice or 3 x per week) or permanently using more than twice a week. Some women need to use systemic HRT as well as local oestrogen to keep VA at bay - have a look at Maryjane's posts on this. The other possibility is the Estring which delivers 50 mcg per week - it is a ring you can put in and leave in for 3 months (removable yourself).

You will read that some women use moistruisers and lubricants alongside local oestrogen but I have no experience apart from KY jelly at the obvious time  ::). Hopefully one of the experts on this will advise soon - and have a look at the "Burning Club" thread in Private Lives.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »

Local oestrogen is the only natural way to restore and plump up the urogenital area.   I do like to use Sylk every day to moisturise and sooth - also when itching gets bad I use Multi Gyn Actigel to restore the flora balance.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 03:23:12 PM »

Do the 2 week nightly re-load as suggested to plump up the vagina because thinning of the skin there causes itching and soreness.  If necessary use the product every other night after the re-load as 3/4 and 5/6 is not enough for some ladies to gain relief.

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 05:35:49 PM »

Hi Wanderer

I saw a gynae last year and he increased my vagifem prescription to 2 pessaries twice a week.  I'm on 75mcg patch oestrogen too, years ago when my oestrogen dropped after my hysterectomy my GP prescribed oral oestrogen and replens for lubrication, there was no VA back then

X