Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Tibolone  (Read 2929 times)

Sphere27

Tibolone
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »

Does anyone know if tibolone is classed as combined? It's different to most others but not sure if it is or not. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tibolone
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 05:49:34 PM »

There is a search button - maybe type in "Tibolone"? (I still read that as Toberelone  ::) )

dazned

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 05:50:30 PM »

Tibolone isnt hrt in the true sense as we know it,it is a type of steriod which when taken your body then converts it into estrogen,progesterone and testosterone. One assumes that your body knows the equal proportions to convert.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:12:32 PM »

Sphere27 - if you are worried since hearing the latest news on the risk of HRT, then don't be.  Dr. Currie has done a good post reassuring us all about this rather ‘flawed' observational study - that simple highlights what is already known.  The risks of combined HRT are still very small.  I believe Tibolone is considered safer than the other types of HRT and is a good alternative to the traditional combined HRT hormones.  Look it up under TREATMENTS above.
Dg x

Blakeygray

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 01:45:10 PM »

There's a few articles about Tibolone on the net, it's also known as Livial.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 02:42:19 PM »

Hi ladies,

I'm considering changing to tibolone. I coundn't find it under TREATMENTS! Where is it?

I have found this article abstract very interesting, currently trying to find the whole article and others related

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09513590400021169

All the HRT types are listed under treatments/HRT preparations tab. Then go to post-menopause here and scroll down:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »

Menomale - great that you are posting all these links to studies! Haven't had time to read them yet though :)

Hurdity x

Tempest

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 08:30:04 PM »

Me too, Menomale!

If things aren't settling for me in the New Year, then this is my last option (as I see it). I've been doing a lot of research, and provided I don't come a cropper with a drug reaction, it has to be worth persevering with in my case where all else has failed.

I'm too scared to go down the implant route to be honest, even though I've been offered it. Being told that 'if the implant goes wrong, we can always reverse it with Tamoxifen' was the final straw for me!!   :o