Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm scared  (Read 4518 times)

Autumn16

Re: I'm scared
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 11:08:55 PM »

Hi Annie0710
Were you ever advised not to use oestrogen as I see you use it.
Do you have reactions while taking hrt??

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 11:49:55 PM »

I'm not allergic to it so ok on it

However, since menopause I usually get silly reactions on a daily basis (lip swelling) to I don't know what plus I've developed asthma

My allergen is latex and anything that is grown that has the gum in the trunk x

Autumn16

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 09:43:34 AM »

I haven't been told I'm allergic to oestrogen they just said there have been a few cases where there is a link between urticaria and oestrogen and they advise avoidance of oestrogen.
So I'm between a rock and a hard place😬

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »

Oh if you haven't been told you're actually allergic to it surely they can test you in a controlled environment ?

Sorry! I misread it that it's been tested or from past experience.  I guess if you tried the one that matches ours the closest .  Or maybe something like oestrogel where you could put a tiny bit of gel on too see? And build up that way ?

X

Autumn16

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 10:38:34 AM »

That's ok and I hope like you suggest that they will test in controlled environment.
Thank you for your input, it is the info and reassurance from everyone on the forum that helps.
😀😀😀😀

Dawncam

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »

Annie0710 - are you sure your patches don't have some sort of gum related product?

Dx

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »

Annie0710 - are you sure your patches don't have some sort of gum related product?

Dx

They must have a gum of sorts to stick, but it's the natural rubber latex that I'm allergic to, I'd know if I were Dawncam, the anaphylaxis happens within minutes of exposure

I'm ok with plasters too, although like most people the area gets itchy after a few hours x

Tempest

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »

Dear Autumn!!!

I was advised by my Anaphylaxis Consultant to do the same, and I also have chronic urticaria.

I have now commenced ERT, and so far no problems in that respect. I think it's imperative that you see a Menopause Consultant or Endocrinologist who can liaise with your Immunologist on this to ensure the best care for you.

Do you know the cause of your urticaria? Mine is caused by histamine release from the mast cells, but isn't mastocytosis (thank goodness)! I just get 'histamine overload' so I have to take a large off licence dose of Cetirizine daily. Urticaria can be tricky I know, as it is often categorised as 'idiopathic' if they can't seem to find a cause.

I also don't know how long you've had it, but it can resolve spontaneously over time. There is much research on this if you go and have a look, so don't give up hope!

Estrogen raises histamine levels - this is why the experts in immunology get in a tiz about it. If everything is properly managed, you may still be able to receive some treatment to help your menopausal symptoms.

Sending you hugs - and please know that you're not alone! :hug:

Autumn16

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 10:03:19 PM »

Hi Tempest ERT do you mean emotional rebodied therapy??

Annie0710

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 11:05:08 PM »

Oestrogen (E) replacement (R) therapy (T)

X
Pages: 1 [2]