Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Password alterations  (Read 6962 times)

Two hoots

Re: Password alterations
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »

I've changed some of my passwords, what I dislike is when you have to use a capital letter a lower case letter a number and a symbol, they are the passwords I can't remember  :-\

purplenanny

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 08:58:04 AM »

CKLD that email from 'BT' would worry me, it doesn't sound like something they would send....May I suggest you give them a call  to make sure it was a genuine email.......
I agree ellie. Surely everyone would have received this from BT? I haven't.
Did you have to follow a link to change CLKD? or did you go in via your BT account?
I would be suspicious.
PN x

Cazikins

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 09:12:16 AM »

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 09:29:41 AM »

I frequently get spam e-mails threatening to cut me off, on a public e-mail address I use.  Mostly for 'exceeding a limit'.

I would not follow any links on these e-mails to change passwords.  Go the website concerned and follow the procedure from there.

I also get loads of banking ones and links to follow for parcels to pick up as well links to vouchers for places I don't shop at  ::)   If anything goes out by e-mail.  If a proper e-mail from a company goes out, containing a link, then there are copies shortly after.  When BT changed the way they did e-mail accounts a couple of years ago and informed everyone by e-mail with links, there was a deluge!!   Because of the nature of the account, I know that these are a pile of garbage.  But occasionally, I get them on my personal account, and I have to look at them hard..........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 06:19:44 PM »

I tried to get in via the BT secure way but it was mostly advertising for their other products and took ages  …….

Did it by 'forgetting' my original passwords - now of course I can't remember the news ones, nor can I remember which bag they are in (camping so everything is tightly fitted in the 'van  ::) )

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 08:24:49 PM »

It's getting problematic now  :-[ - I can no longer remember my passwords ……. it makes my brain feel fuzzy to dig deep inside to try to recover the new ones so have to rely on a sheet of paper  :-\

breeze

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »

Why bother trying to remember them.  We have an address book, just for internet passwords.  Probably not recommended but I really can't imaging anyone who might break in, would think to steal an address book. ;)

ellie

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »

I too have to write them down  :-\.......old age ?  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 01:34:03 AM »

I write passwords down in a little notebook, but I do abbreviate them. I hoping if my little book got into the wrong hands, they still wouldn't be any the wiser, but it's a memory jog for me.
Pages: 1 [2]