Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi patches  (Read 1948 times)

Cathh3110

Evorel sequi patches
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »

Hi all after bad migraine my gp has stopped the elleste duet tablets and given me Everel sequi patches, has anyone had them? I only took the tablets for one month so still all relatively new to me thanks in advance

Hurdity

Re: Evorel sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »

Hi Cathh3110

Sorry to hear about your migraine. Did they occur at a particular point in the cycle of tablets? Some women find that the progestogen in these tablets (norethisterone) causes headaches/migraines, and it is common to experience a "progesterone withdrawal" headache after swapping back to the oestrogen only pills after the end of the first packet.

If either of these reasons are the case of your migraine you may still get one on the Evorel sequi as they do contain the same progestogen.

However for migraine generally transdermal HRT ( patches) is recommended so hopefully you will be OK.

This was the first HRT I tried many years ago (these patches) but I didn't get on with them because the norethisterone gave me a migraine! There are many women who are fine with them so good luck and hope it work for you - do keep us posted :)

Hurdity x

Cathh3110

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Thanks for your reply and sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
The migraine occurred exactly as you said, after swapping back to the oestrogen pills.
I am booked in to have a mirena coil fitted on Wednesday and have also got oestrogen only patches (evorel) and hoping that this will work.
It all seems to be trial and error at the moment
Thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 05:53:08 PM »

Good luck with the fitting - tomorrow (?). Hopefully you will then have fewer migraines - at least if they were due to the HRT, although there will be a settling in period of time as your body acclimatises :)

Hurdity x