Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is anyone going through this whilst in a new relationship?  (Read 2392 times)

Dawncam

Is anyone going through this whilst in a new relationship?
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:11:38 PM »

I've been divorced for 4 years and had a couple of longish relationships in that time. I've just called an end to my current relationship (just over a year) for various reasons but I'm not entirely convinced that my hormones don't have a part to play. It's tough enough when in a long-term relationship but nigh on impossible to keep things on an even keel in a new one when there's so many ups and downs.

Would love to hear others experiences.

Dx
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:16:52 PM by Dawncam »

grumpyjane

Re: Is anyone going through this whilst in a new relationship?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 12:57:45 AM »

Hi Dawncam
Well not new but new-ish at 5 years some of which was long distance. We didn`t even know each other well when I upped sticks and moved in (and to a new country!). It`s certainly challenging and I have more than once questioned myself as to the future. Hormones are definitely involved!
J x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 07:50:35 AM »

My poor fiancé only got 2 years of the pre meno me and we were so busy, both working full time with long travelling to work each day but a great busy weekend social life too so we decided to move back to our hometown for ease of travel.  Within a year meno kicked in and I became a hermit, he's been brill throughout and even though very low libido kicked in too he still proposed and we're booking to get married 2017

I love him so much there's been many times I've thought it's kinder to set him free to meet someone who's like the old me and I would tell him that but he's always said he's never had a connection with a woman like he's got with me

X

Dawncam

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »

Thank-you ladies, you're doing better than me st keeping things going, it's not easy and you've both had real challenges to deal with.  You're partners obviously love you and only you.  I know only too well that it's hard to believe that when you don't like or even recognise yourself at times.

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working for you. And good luck with your wedding prep Annie0710 - a very exciting time!

Dxx

Charlotte ...

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 02:13:05 PM »

Thankfully no for me, I don't think anyone new would have put up with me, for the first time in my life, my rage would boil over in the nth of a second over the smallest of things.  ::)

Machair

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 02:51:23 PM »

No but my heart goes out to you as it must be very difficult.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »

Can I just add though , if I had have been single when menopause started I would've chosen to stay single, many times I still don't quite know myself fully so couldn't even start to get to know someone else, plus my symptoms are too personal to lump onto someone new, actually someone new probably wouldn't want me anyway lol x

Dawncam

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »

Thank you all for your replies - makes me understand I'm not a raving lunatic,  just not able to deal with all the emotions required in a new relationship.

Dxx