Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Menopause on ITV  (Read 9104 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause on ITV
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 05:05:38 PM »

I would wear what is comfy for me and if they threatened to sack me that is 'constructive dismissal' because they haven't been seen to ease my work place situation.  Employers have a 'duty of care' after all and it may be that 'they' have no idea how hormonal upheaval works!

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »

Good morning
On itv hub t shows the tonight programme and says 5 episodes select that and you will see the menopause programme 😁

Thanks Autumn16! - I didn't know it was part of another programme - so it's called "Tonight"? My ITV Hub just gave various programmes and the day they were on but almost nothing for Thursday eve. Will have another go at some point :)

Hurdity x

Georgeaj2000

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »

It would be interesting to see if they get the decrease in holidays through as to me this clearly discrminates against age, it is a known fact that as we get older we may suffer from more absence just because our bodies aren't as good at recovery and in all honesty wearing out (I'm referring to things like hips, knees, etc). Considerate employers would be looking to relax sickness absence procedures for the older workforce precisely for this, and with the fact that there no longer is a default retirement age there're going to be a hell of a lot employers spending time putting their older employees through capability hearings.  Same applies for women and the menopause as there are far more women in work now. Employers are advised not to offer length of service awards as this discriminates against younger employees so surely common sense applies to older employee!

Dorothy

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 10:11:38 PM »

I would wear what is comfy for me and if they threatened to sack me that is 'constructive dismissal' because they haven't been seen to ease my work place situation.  Employers have a 'duty of care' after all and it may be that 'they' have no idea how hormonal upheaval works!

It's a new job - I had to move to the other end of the country, having been unable to find work in my home area, so I can't risk losing this job or I will probably end up homeless and miles from everyone I know. 

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »

A new job should be exciting not fraught with worries about 'what if I ……… '  :sigh:

Is there an Occupational Health Dept. Dorothy?  Many years ago I had a 'run in' with 'management' (who couldn't have run a party in a brewery  >:( ) and it exhausted me  :-\

Jaki T

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 05:33:34 PM »

Re the discussion about disability...the medical model alone is a bit outmoded now, and we've been moving to a more social model. Many disabled people have rejected the medical model so it seems as if the workplace were addressing any disabilities from the social model:

http://www.scope.org.uk/about-us/our-brand/social-model-of-disability

It is not the disability so much as how it affects a person. In reality, both models have their place.  The powers that be can and have corrupted the use of the social model for their own ends e.g. to cut disability benefits
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:35:13 PM by Jaki T »

Dorothy

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »

A new job should be exciting not fraught with worries about 'what if I ……… '  :sigh:

Is there an Occupational Health Dept. Dorothy?  Many years ago I had a 'run in' with 'management' (who couldn't have run a party in a brewery  >:( ) and it exhausted me  :-\

No, it's quite a small setup.  TBH, I don't think I'd like the job anyway, whatever they did, and exciting it certainly isn't, so I think I'd rather keep my head down, save up some money and look for something I prefer.  I didn't want to take it in the first place, but when it's the first thing you've been offered in 18 months, you can't be choosy and it's much easier to find a job when you are already employed!

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »

So new search in the New Year  ;)

Chart your Life Skills
Chart your work place Skills i.e. good management skills, communication skills, problem solving
Can you diversify ?  Could you join a Charity with a view to becoming employed?

How have you settled by moving?  (new thread?)
Pages: 1 2 [3]