Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SWOLLEN TUMMY  (Read 6576 times)

Yammy1

SWOLLEN TUMMY
« on: November 23, 2016, 07:06:41 PM »

Hi i'm not sure if this is meno related, but my stomach is swelling a lot lately, so much so that I look about eight months pregnant  ;D. I am 52 and had a hysterectomy over 4 years ago so no way I'm preggers lol.I take lanzol for hiatus hernie and I have ibs, but my tummy is really bad lately, swollen and very uncomfortable. Just wondering is this just one more meno symptom x

Dorothy

Re: SWOLLEN TUMMY
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 07:10:45 PM »

You should get your doctor to check it out to make sure it is nothing more serious. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »

Get to your GP Pronto - then let us know how you are!

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 08:19:15 PM »

Will go to doc in the morning, now I'm getting worried, hope it's nothing serious

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 08:26:52 PM »

Best to get this checked out.  Could be the IBS - by mid-day I was unable to keep my skirt zip done up because I felt SO sick.  By T-time I couldn't drink even a cuppa  :'( - my GP gave me treatment.

Yammy1

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 08:37:48 PM »

Yeah your right, better safe than sorry, I recently started eating white bread after years of brown so it could be this, Also my doc added an extra diabetic tablet a couple of weeks ago so could be a reaction, hopefully I will get some answers

Yammy1

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 01:03:48 PM »

Been to doc, it's a flare up of my ibs,on medication so hopefully will feel better soon, thank's for reply's

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 06:19:55 PM »

What's your GP given you?

Dorothy

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 07:04:46 PM »

Glad it's sorted and was nothing serious.

Yammy1

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 10:25:24 AM »

Doc gave me bloateze but said if they don't work to take spasmanol. trying bloateze but no joy so far. I'm exhausted from it, only out of bed and I can't wait to go back, but I guess this is also due to meno
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:36:11 AM by Yammy1 »

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 03:27:03 PM »

When do you have to 'take' Bloateze?  My medication had to be swallowed within the hour prior to my main meals in order to 'push' the last meal through the system to allow 'room' for the next  ::)  I felt better within 3 days but had several set backs initially.

Yammy1

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 09:16:32 AM »

Doc just said to take bloated 'as required '. I don't think she's taking me serious, I wish she knew how sore and uncomfortable this is. I told her I have pressure/dull ache behind left breast and she said ah that's just your bowel acting up. But sometimes it catches my breath and prevents me from breathing properly, she knows I suffer with health anxiety( mainly worry about my heart even though it's been checked out ) so I think she puts a lot down to this. Anyway sorry for rambling on hopefully it will ease soon x

nearly50

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 10:42:14 AM »

I found that probiotics helped my stomach, might be worth a go?

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »

Health anxiety aside - gut upsets at this time of life are 'common' and that sharp pain may well be trapped wind around the stomach area.

My GP gave me Colpermin capsules to get rid of upper gut wind and Motiliium - both to be taken within the hour of eating my main meals.  I have used Actimel with success, again drinking several pots daily.  Certainly eased any slow transit!

How about taking the 'bloateze' prior to eating and chart on paper any results?

Yammy1

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 02:23:17 PM »

Thank you for all your help, I have just taken motilium and eased a little, will get some probiotic and try that too. good idea to keep notes will try that. if i am still the same on Monday I am going back to doc, she didn't even examine me last time just said ah yes it's your ibs. :(

Pages: [1] 2