Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Stopping HRT suddenly - side effects  (Read 1899 times)

mazzer

Stopping HRT suddenly - side effects
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:37:51 PM »

Hi I am new here. I am 49 and was diagnosed from blood test at hospital as having entered early menopause at 38. Have had no periods at all and also no check up. I was told that as I am not 50 I cannot have mammogram. However I think I have lump in breast since July. My mother became ill and has died a week ago so have only got to doctors. On examination she referred me urgently to hospital.

She told me to stop HRT (have been on combined Indivina). However I am having terrible side effects - stomach pain, diarrhoea, back ache, groin pain , headaches and feeling really, really spaced out.

Just wondering if anyone else has been through similar experience. Thanks for reading my post

Taz2

Re: Stopping HRT suddenly - side effects
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 12:17:04 AM »

Hi mazzer - welcome to the forum.

So sorry to learn about your mum - what a sad time for you. It is good that you have been referred to the hospital to have your lump checked out although this is a worrying time for you. The symptoms you describe can come from a sudden stopping of HRT but also could also be due to the stress you are under at the moment. Your doc is being cautious while you are waiting for your check up at the hospital. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more advice.

Let us know how you get on. Be easy on yourself and try to take some time out for you and to relax even a little.

Taz x  :hug:

mazzer

Re: Stopping HRT suddenly - side effects
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 09:45:42 PM »

Thankfully lump is a benign cyst. However consultant did say taking HRT can increase risk of breast cancer. She advised that I go back to GP and asked for referral to menopause clinic to have a review.
M x