Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel better at night for sleep?  (Read 2912 times)

Liz

Oestrogel better at night for sleep?
« on: November 21, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »

Hi ladies.  I usually use my Oestrogel in the mornings after my morning shower, but seem to have settled into an annoying pattern of waking up really early and struggling to get back to sleep (usually around 4.30/5.00am).  I'm wondering whether using the gel at night woujld help with this?  I'm only using 1.5 pumps, does anyone find using their gel at night better?? (If you suffer with waking in the night?)

Many thanks.
 :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Oestrogel better at night for sleep?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »

I doubt it.  I've tried both morning and evening application and it makes no difference for sleep.  Sleep does generally improve with HRT but I have found that my sleep gets worse and worse as I get older.   The waking at 4-5am seems to be common - I tend to get up at least 3 times a night to pee anyway - but at 4am it is much harder to get back to sleep.  I just try to relax and not worry that I am not sleeping - do meditation and relaxation but it is difficult when I know I have a long day ahead and need to be on form. DG x

Charlotte ...

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:15:07 PM »

Lordy, we're all up at 4.00am   :o will the sandman ever come our way again?  :'(

Liz

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 07:30:07 PM »

T'is very annoying, isn't it?  I'm wondering whether my flushing is causing me to wake (perhaps the Oestrogel has worn off by then?)  Anyway, think I'll give it a go and see if it makes any difference (although not holding out much hope...)  :o

Liz

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:25:27 AM »

Tried using the gel at night last night and had a horrible dream...... (very unusual for me). Think I'll stick with the morning routine.

Keepgoing

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »

I use my gel at night a couple of hours before bed and I struggle to get up in the morning but then again I'm not a morning person, never have been. My sleep is much better than a few years ago I was awake most of the night xx

Liz

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 05:19:38 PM »

How many pumps are you on, if you don't mind me asking?  I'm just using 1.5 at the moment and wondering if I need to increase it perhaps?  Perhaps the sweats are waking me......

Keepgoing

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 06:13:53 PM »

Hi Liz I use 3 pumps of gel xx

dangermouse

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 06:55:41 PM »

Maybe you could split the dose to morning and night as the fluctuations may not be helping.

I used to be a sleepyhead in the mornings but had the 5am thing since last year - it literally started overnight - but it's calmed down now and I just get it around ovulation and then when I have to get up I start to feel drowsy again!