Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan, which route do I take?  (Read 5914 times)

linz57

Re: Utrogestan, which route do I take?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »

Ive been chewing it over all day Dancinggirl and one minute I think I'll go for it and then the next I change my mind. Argh!! I'm just not comfortable with the thought of the coil being inside permanently and maybe getting embedded :-\
This is because when I was in having my hysteroscopy etc there was a woman in the opposite bed having her coil removed under a GA due to it being embedded.
Still, I mustn't keep focusing on the negatives.....
 If I decide to go for the Mirena I hope I continue to get that calming influence of progesterone once the settling in is complete. I'm one of those women who actually likes the anxiety relief it gives.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:35:46 PM by linz57 »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 06:29:19 PM »

When I had my Mirena fitted I asked the doctor what percentage of women did well with it - she said over 90% - that's pretty good!!!! There are good reasons why so many gyneas like to offer the Mirena - it seems to sort so many things e.g. problematic bleeding, fibroids etc. and is excellent at keeping the womb lining thin, so I assume reduces the risk of womb cancer.  I'm not sure whether the breast cancer risks are lower with the Mirena - logically I would have thought it might as less progesterone is absorbed systemically.
It's not perfect, I did feel slightly sedated for the first few months but it was great not to have the monthly bleeds.

I don't want to overplay the benefits - we are all different and many women really don't like the idea of this 'thing' being inside them, which I quite understand.  When I needed mine removed after 4 years it slipped out really easily!!!!   
DG x

linz57

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 07:55:58 PM »

That's encouraging to hear! If I could get along with the Mirena it would make things easier overall, I could adjust the estrogen patch to suit then. Yes, the more I weigh things up it does sound the best option. No pills passing through my stomach or irritating my bladder, good endometrium protection too. I still would prefer to stay on my combo patch but as Hurdity mentioned, my lining might not stay at 6.1mm and I don't want it thickening. Oh decisions, decisions....
Good to know the percentage of women who tolerated the Mirena well was over 90%, that is pretty damned good so thank you for letting me know that  :)
Pages: 1 [2]