Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Itch scratch  (Read 4128 times)

Midnight Shadow

Itch scratch
« on: December 18, 2016, 07:02:18 AM »

Well ladies, the canesten did ease my symptoms but I was never convinced I really did have thrush. Might be a trip back to the doctors.  The doctor did say I could try hydrocortisone cream. Has anyone else used it and did it work? Can you get it from the chemist? Has anyones itching disappeared for a few days and then returned?  Have been better but the itching returned this morning at 5.30am. Did make the mistake on Friday of wearing a pair of jeans, aggravated that area. Won't do that again. Have been using the vagisan as advertised on television very soothing. At least that helps if I get any burning. Happy Christmas  everyone.

Annie0710

Re: Itch scratch
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:35:49 AM »

Mine comes and goes.  I think I need to try an oestrogen cream outside as well as the pessary I use inside

X

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 08:53:30 AM »

Thanks for that reply Annie. As you say the itch comes and goes. I did try estriol cream once for the burning but that made matters worse. Not sure whether to try the hydrocortisone cream. I know it's highly recommended by Gynaecologists. Think one of the kind ladies on here recommended  it. My itch is always in the same place. So frustrating for us all.

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 09:01:52 AM »

Hi Midnight Shadow - I suffer with VA. At one point my GP thought this was thrush and prescribed Canesten HC cream (Clotrimazole + hydrocortisone), as the Canesten oral capsule hadn't helped. All it did was make the burning and soreness much, much worse. I now use Estriol Cream (but I've just read that one doesn't suit you!) and Yes water-based moisturiser.

I hope you can find some relief!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 09:36:50 AM »

Thanks Jenna, it costs a fortune trying to find something that suits us.  Guess we have all been down that path. Can't believe we all have to suffer like this.  Having said that, my ailments are nowhere near as bad as other Menopause sufferers. Which water based moisturuser do you  use? Thanks again for your reply. 

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »

You can buy hydrocortisone 1% OITMENT from the chemist no prescription as recommended by many gyneas/vulva dermos.

OITMENT is key as hardly any fillers.

Can't remember but assuming you have been thoroughly checked for Lichens etc?

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »

You can buy hydrocortisone 1% OITMENT from the chemist no prescription as recommended by many gyneas/vulva dermos.

OITMENT is key as hardly any fillers.

Can't remember but assuming you have been thoroughly checked for Lichens etc?

I haven't been checked, this is a newish symptom to me.  I'll have to get this seen to

What's the name of the 1% hydrocortisone?

X

Jenna

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 09:57:36 AM »

It does indeed cost a fortune, Midnight Shadow. I use YES water-based moisturiser (available on prescription!) and they also have a new one now, YES VM, which is especially designed for VA. I haven't tried that one, but their website has lots of information on this. Apart from using the moisturiser regularly on the days I don't use the Estriol Cream, I also use it  whenever things feel a bit itchy/sore etc.,

Hope that might help!

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »

Dr reintroduced my vagifem after a nurse said I didn't need it (all the UTIs came back) and also gave me Sylk, I presumed this was for sex for lubrication.  Is sylk for applying daily around the labia for VA?
X

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »

Mary Jane and everyone else you are so helpful and kind. Think I will try the 1% hydrocitisone ointment. Guess a trip to boots chemist is in order. When I saw one of our practise nurses she did say that hydrocortisone cream could be an option and is used by a lot of ladies.  She examined me and thought it could be thrush. I'm just so pleased I don't itch all the time and it is usually once a week. Very annoying all tgd same. Was once prescribed betnovate and have just read it is not to be used on the vulval area. Hope to get sorted soon. Will let you know how I get on with the hydrocortisone  ointment . Thanks again all of you.

Jenna

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 12:29:09 PM »

Dr reintroduced my vagifem after a nurse said I didn't need it (all the UTIs came back) and also gave me Sylk, I presumed this was for sex for lubrication.  Is sylk for applying daily around the labia for VA?
X

Yes, that's it Annie - just use the Sylk as a vaginal moisturiser (but not as the same time as Vagifem) and  apply it underneath as well. It should keep everything comfortable. I was also prescribed Sylk, but it irritated me, so I use YES water-based instead. It's 'just' finding what suits you best! x

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 01:32:35 PM »

X

Yes, that's it Annie - just use the Sylk as a vaginal moisturiser (but not as the same time as Vagifem) and  apply it underneath as well. It should keep everything comfortable. I was also prescribed Sylk, but it irritated me, so I use YES water-based instead. It's 'just' finding what suits you best! x

Thanks so much Jenna! Saves me a visit to doc plus she put it on repeat.  X

Jenna

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 01:42:56 PM »

You are very welcome, Annie. :)

Hope you are having a lovely time. x

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »

You are very welcome, Annie. :)

Hope you are having a lovely time. x

Yes thanks .  In the train home now from York