Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Tibilone 2.5 spaced out and feel so sick day 5  (Read 16937 times)

Suzanne1967

Tibilone 2.5 spaced out and feel so sick day 5
« on: November 19, 2016, 01:25:52 PM »

Hi

wasn't sure which thread to put this on  🤔

I'm day 5 today in tibilone 2.5 ( I've posed a few bits in here so apologies if going on 😁

I feel so sick all the time

Feel spaced out

Feel just no energy

Taste buds gone funny

Agrophobic

Just so ummmm can't focus

I know I'm a bit impatient and need give it few weeks but ...... Didn't realise I'd feel so awful

Scan and biopsies Thursday which I'm not worried about as think it will be secondary to 4 years estelle combi as have had no bleeding since stopped it 3 weeks ago but had to go back on some hrt as wasn't coping at all

Go I see is very good and out me in tibilone ( as I'd read so much on here THANK YOU ladies 🙋) but ....

Why oh why do I feel sooooooo awful also feel like can't go out .... Stupid I know but want to give my head a wobble but just can't and I'm such a determined woman ....
This is so unlike me 😡
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:45:38 PM by Suzanne1967 »

Burchers

Re: Tibilone 2.5 spaced out and feel so sick day 5
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 03:39:58 PM »

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »

Early days Suzanne 1967 - not sure these symptoms can be totally down to Tibolone. Tibolone tends to be well tolerated - I felt great on it.  Get the scan out of the way and hopefully things will settle in a few days.
Have you had any of these symptoms before? DG x

Suzanne1967

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:28:25 PM »

Dancing girl

Thanks for responding 🙋

No no previous experience of these symptoms Prior to tibilone

nausea

Feel not with it

Losing train of thought

Just feel sooooo rubbish 😩

Blakeygray

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »

Hi suzanne1967.  Snap!  I'm day 5 also but am ok and haven't experienced anything negative.

I hope what you're experiencing isn't Tibolone related and  you feel better soon.

Otes73

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 08:14:06 PM »

Hi,

I wonder if you have a virus?

I was on Tibolone and felt great other than headaches. It gave me much more energy and felt on top of the world!

Hope you're feeling well soon x

Suzanne1967

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 09:31:20 PM »

Ladies

Thank you 😘

🤔🤔 ... Was convinced was tibilone ...will have  To see how I go

Blackeygray ... Have you had no side effects at all ?

No sickness nothing ?

Honest could have sworn was the tibilone

So hoping this feeling goes pretty rapid

I know it's not a virus as I'm a nurse and don't feel ill ill just weird 😩

Thanks ladies I'm so interested how you all get on X

Suzanne1967

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 10:18:13 PM »

Otes73

Did you feel great as soon as started it?

Xx

peri

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 09:52:41 AM »

Hi Suzanne

I had to abandon tibolone as it made me too sedated.  I felt as though I'd I'd a few gin and tonics every day and it didn't wear off until about 3 in the afternoon, the thing is I have to be sharp for work so it was no good.  It was great for libido though + it quashed any anxiety, I just feel the constant dose if  progesterone wasn't right for me x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 11:15:21 AM »

peri - did you try taking it early evening with supper - that may have been the answer ??!! Hope you have found a HRT that dose suits you.

Tibolone does work in a different way to normal HRT (it doesn't have oestrogen and progesterone) and will often suit women who don't get on with standard HRT.

For Suzanne1967 I am picking up on extreme anxiety in her posts and I'm wondering if lack of food and possibly something wrong with thyroid function may be bringing more side effects - the rather rapid loss in weight and loss of appetite are a concern. Nausea is often a symptom of anxiety and stress so she may need something for this - possibly an SRRI.  DG x

Suzanne1967

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »

Peru this is exactly how I feel 😳

DG .. Thanks for this info I do suffer with anxiety but been long standing due to illness in family and have been on Duloxetiene 3 years but thinking about it lots of the anxiety etc I do believe is hormone related

I think I'll start taking the tibilone at night ? Could anyone advise as I thought you HAD to take it in the mornings

I feel slightly better today but haven't taken it yet as think I'll start at night

Ladies I do value your experience and it's helping me so much

Like all of us I just want to feel normal again 😩

Suppose need get this scan and biopsies out of the way Thursday

But tbh I'm not excessively worried about this

Just hope it doesn't bloody hurt 🙄

Dancinggirl

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »

Suzanne1967 - I'm sure it is fine to take in the evening with supper - do take it with food as most pills and supplements will cause nausea if taken on an empty stomach.

Maybe a review of your AD might be wise.  Sometimes a change or increase in dose is needed - I would discuss this with your GP.

You have clearly been through a tough time and when everything seems to get too much then anxiety can ramp up and become overwhelming. Mix hormonal problems in with stressful life experiences and it's a recipe for poor health generally. 
At this time in our lives we really need to put ourselves first - I've learnt this the hard way - health is everything, so really look at your lifestyle and see what changes you can realistically implement to reduce stress.  It's not about getting your life back, as life has to change as we age;  being open to change, doing things differently, learning to relax a bit more, putting yourself first - these are strategies that will carry you forward in the long term.  HRT can help but it won't sort everything. Ask the GP for CBT if need be or if you have a close friend who you can trust to be honest and open with you then it can be good to share.  DG x

peri

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 01:15:19 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl yes I took it at supper time in the hope that I would sleep through the worst of any side effects.  I understood that it enabled you to make your own oestrogen/progesterone and testosterone but either way the balance wasn't quite right for me (I did persevere for 3 months).  I do seem to be very sensitive to anything I take,  I'm back on evorel patches and utrogestan as this as been the best regime I've found.  However I do suffer terribly from progesterone withdrawal when I have a period so have asked to be referred to a menopause clinic to see what if anything I can do about this.  I'm in West Yorkshire and have an appointment at St James in Leeds on 14 Dec so fingers crossed. 

Suzanne I'd stick with it for 3 months if you possibly can to give it chance but if it doesn't work don't give up there are alternatives x

Sooze

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 03:32:20 PM »

Suzanne,
I started taking it in the morning and was fine, but decided to gradually move it later through the day by going an hour later each day, as I thought it would be 'more convenient'.  However I found taking it in the evening made me too restless to sleep so now I've gradually moved it back and I take it mid day.

I find I do need the Ovestin - just a small amount every night, it seems to make me feel 'more balanced' and calm.

Are you taking anything else?

Otes73

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 04:53:12 PM »

It took about for about 2 weeks before I got the benefit  and I felt great! I took it before I went to bed, maybe that will help? The other thing I did for the first month was only take 1/2 tablet and then after 4 weeks I took a full one.
I did get daily headaches and that's the only reason I stopped. I was gutted as other than that it was the best I'd felt since my hysterectomy. I'm taking oestrogel and testosterone gel now and don't get headaches but don't have the get up and go I had with Tibolone which is a shame!!
X
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:55:09 PM by Otes73 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6