Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi  (Read 1621 times)

Waterdaggers

Evorel sequi
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:03:24 PM »

I started on evorel sequi patches almost two months ago. For the first month I started with just 2/3 of a patch and whilst I did experience some minor side effects there was nothing I was too concerned about. The second month I upped the patch to a whole patch. No problems with Evorel 50 aside from slight nausea etc. However I am a week in to the Conti patch and I am really struggling. I have totally lost all motivation to do anything at all including things I usually enjoy! I feel really miserable and like I don't want to have see or talk to anyone. I'm really snappy and low in patience too. Plus I am breaking out in spots! Basically I'm wondering will this get better? It's taking all my enjoyment out of life. Do the side effects wear off? I really don't want to feel like this. Can anyone else relate to these side effects?

Dancinggirl

Re: Evorel sequi
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »

That's progesterone for you!!!  The patches have the harsher progesterones I'm afraid and many find they get PMT type symptoms. You may also do better on a lower dose of HRT.  Have you tried Femoston 1/10 - these are pills but the progesterone is kinder so brings fewer side effects. DG x

Hurdity

Re: Evorel sequi
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »

Hi Waterdaggers

Sorry to hear about the side effects on the conti patch - sounds like the norethisterone is affecting you it is one of the androgenic progestogens as it is derived from testosterone so can give these side effects:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

PERI-MENOPAUSAL SEQUENTIAL COMBINED THERAPY

Used in women with an intact uterus (womb) who are not yet postmenopausal, i.e. have some periods due to continuing ovarian function. Products contain daily estrogen and cyclical progestogen.
Progestogens which can be used cyclically are of 3 main types:

Testosterone derived - Norgestrel, Norethisterone acetate and Levonorgestrel.
Less testosterone related - Medroxyprogesterone acetate(MPA).
Least testosterone related - Dydrogesterone and Micronised progesterone (Utrogestan).
Side effects are often experienced during the progestogen phase of treatment and can be reduced by using a product containing a different type or route of progestogen.

I imagine that these effects will settle for some women and not others. This was the first HRT I tried nearly 10 years ago now - and I did not get on with the norethisterone which gave me migraines. I gave it 3 months and then changed to separate oestrogen patch and progesterone which I have been on ever since. Some women also complain of pms type symptoms ie the irritability.

I would give it 3 cycles (if you can) and then perhaps try something else if you continue to have problems.....

Hurdity x

edit: snap - Dancinggirl! you posted while I was writing but at least we agree :)