Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Having to sleep sitting up  (Read 2477 times)

lianevalentine

Having to sleep sitting up
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:08:15 PM »

Hi, does anyone know what hormone (or lack of) causes dizzeyness? Since being menpausal  it has become so bad that I can't lie down. Last night the dizziness woke me up and I got such a fright!

Anglfrmhvn69

Re: Having to sleep sitting up
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 08:47:18 PM »

I just wanted you to know your not alone I'm not sure which hormone causes it but I've been dealing with it for 16 months now it comes and goes in severity and is just awful it never leaves though and is hard to function.i hope you leaves you soon hugs

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 08:52:10 PM »

Did you have a cold recently?  I have had vertigo during or after a heavy cold when the whole sinuses etc. have been bunged up.

Teresa667

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 08:53:52 PM »

Sorry you are going through this, it's really not nice. Have you checked with your gp that you don't have any problems with your ears or a silent migraine. I get dizziness like you describe if my ears are bad or my silent migraine is playing up or if I'm anxious. I hope you feel better soon.

lianevalentine

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 08:57:18 PM »

Thanks for that, yeh it's quite scary! I don't know of anyone in my country (NZ) that is having such a bad time through menopause, so lucky to find this site! I think I need to have another go at HRT but not sure where to start as I had a bad reaction last couple of times I tried them. I think quantities and type of HRT needed are so different for everyone, but here, they seem to treat everyone the same! What is a silent migraine? I certainly have headaches a lot.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 09:00:17 PM »

:welcomemm:

How about visiting your GP to see what would be prescribed.  Take a note of your symptoms, when your last bleed was etc. and prioritise what you would like to sort first.  Discuss.  Come back to the Forum and see what effects/suggstions have been made by using the 'search' button?

Are you in the North?  :-\ ?

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »

My daughter lives in the South Island.

My friends daughter lives in the North Island and is having an awful menopause.

Just saying hi from the UK. 😊

lianevalentine

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »

Hi I havnt had any bleeding for 2 years so I'm post meno. I've been to the doctors and they couldn't find anything wrong in my bloods. Blood pressure is always a little low but that shouldn't be causing it. I have been prescribed HRT in the past but when I take them all the meno symptoms go haywire, I even ended up in hospital for a week last time I tried them, as I lost a lot of weight quickly. I was given so many tests. Ct scan and colonoscopy but all came back normal, which is good. I'm one of those people who did really well on the contraceptive pill, but I cant get it now because I post meno (I'm 54). And I can't find anyone to prescribe the right hormones for me!

lianevalentine

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 09:31:44 PM »

Thanks Maryjane, thought I was the only one in NZ! Hope your daughter is ok with the earthquakes? I'm in the North. Has your friends daughter found a doctor or anyone that knows what their are doing HRT wise? I've had no luck and sick if spending money on it! Best thing so far is a natural product called Amberen, but it's wearing off!

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 09:34:29 PM »

Daughter lives in Winton in the South she's fine.

Friends daughter is not on HRT ( should be as only 46 and periods stopped at 44 ) they have put her on antidepressants .

Could you afford to go to Oz ?

dangermouse

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 09:43:21 PM »

Ooh you sound like me! I was like this late last year (thought it was vertigo at the time) and had many a night sleeping bolt upright. I had to cancel a trip to Australia (I'm in UK) as was so unwell from hormones but felt like I was sleeping on a plane anyway! I wish I'd known at the time it was hormones as was a concern as kept thinking I was going to pass out and docs couldn't explain it. Very unsettling feeling, hope you don't have the nausea too.

The pill made all my symptoms a lot better and HRT makes them much worse like you. So think it's high oestrogen vs low progesterone but don't know for sure. I'm still perimenopausal but I think early post meno can also have erratic fluctuations.