Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: CRT and the menopause  (Read 3310 times)

Clare11

CRT and the menopause
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:48:42 PM »

Hi,
I just wondered if there was any lady out there who has had CRT and it has helped them with the anxiety side affects of the menopause? My problem is I associate any pains in arms and chest with heart attacks. So I have been put on CRT and try and come up with more constructive thoughts. Now, I am not stupid (well I think I am not) but I am struggling with this therapy at the mo. I have been applying and using the method vfor about 2 months now and I just don't think it's working as fast as I thought it would. Now, I have been told patience is not my strongest points ;) but I did think I would be further mended than I am. My prob is coming up with more "helpful" thoughts. I seem to be all doom and gloom and >:(
Not on meds if any sort.
Also had blood test last week and they said they would ring in about 5 days if they found anything untoward. 9 days later not heard anything so taking that as a good sign. On holiday at mo so will not ring them until I get home.
Any help or comments would be lovely. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: CRT and the menopause
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:41:59 PM »

Do you mean CBT?  It didn't work for me.  Once anxiety takes over that's it, mine brain can't focus on owt else  :-\

Enjoy your holiday!

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »

I found CBT helpful up to a point but there came a point when I needed more than the 'quick fix' of CBT although I still use the theories at times.

I think it is useful for dealing with stressful everyday situations like traffic jams or interviews or sudden changes of routine but not for deep rooted anxieties.  That needs more in depth help.

Clare11

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »

Hi,
Yep mean CRT, cognitive restructuring therapy. NHS only offered this as they thought my anxiety could be fixed by this. I am wondering big I need some one to one talking/therapy. I will still battle on with this CRT. ???