Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Patch help please  (Read 1430 times)

donnacrichton

Patch help please
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »

Hi I've been on estradot 50 for good few months and had a hospital appointment 2 weeks ago. I had felt on the day of changing the patch I had headaches and sore breasts so we thought it might be running low the day before.  Last couple of weeks started changing it every 3rd morning instead of 3 1/2 days.  I have had to remove the patch today estrogen levels have risen so high I'm adjitated burning and ready to sob. Would this be enough of a change to make my levels rise. Haven't had this in such a long time x

dangermouse

Re: Patch help please
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »

Sore breasts and headaches are normally a sign of too high oestrogen so maybe you need to cut your patch?

In gradual terms, symptoms of overstimulation are from too high oestrogen and over subdued is too high progesterone. However, if hormones are suddenly plummeting then this can also cause the brain to throw out more adrenaline but this tends to be sudden and short lived rather than a gradual increase in breast inflammation for example.

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »

Thank you my gut is saying too high. I could tolerate the breast pain & headache for one day we thought that maybe it was dipping. Hoping now I have removed the patch it will ease off and go back to 3 1/2 days again. Didn't think 12 hours could make such a difference  :'(

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »

It could just possibly be a 'settling in' period Donna so be very careful as I know, like me, you are very sensitive to fluctuations. If you feel like sitting it out at 3 days then do, if not then go back to how you were. I know I panic and want to tweak if things go the wrong way! I've learned from Hystersisters and the Surmeno community that dose changes (even small like changing when you change your patch) can cause fluctuations that can also manifest as signs of excess initially and MAY settle.

Just take it steady (says she, who never takes it steady)!

Sending you hugs!!!

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 10:14:46 PM »

Thank you will return to 3 1/2 wish I hadn't tweeted x