Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just wanted to say hello...  (Read 5853 times)

Michelle28

Re: Just wanted to say hello...
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 12:42:57 AM »

I wanted to mention something you might want to consider regarding a possible re-occurance of your sore throat.

Have you been to a dentist to check for any periodontal problems? I went in for my usual exam years ago, in my mid-30s, and the pockets were so deep that the dentist couldn't clean them properly. I was referred to a periodontist, who performed guided-tissue regeneration and bone grafts to rebuild the area around the teeth so I didn't lose them.

If plaque sets in under the gums, it causes bacteria to rage. And chances are there is no pain and no abscess. I know this from personal experience.

The main point of all this, is that when the periodontist started treatment, he said he believed I had had a low-grade infection in my gums for many years. I'm wondering if perhaps you might have a similar type of infection present in your gums/teeth, and that affects your throat.

The post-surgery healing period lasted about two months, and during that time, I took the antibiotic doxycycline, which is rather strong, but really did the job getting rid of the infection.
Pages: 1 [2]