Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lost my job today because menopause  (Read 6884 times)

Binbon2

Lost my job today because menopause
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:08:42 PM »

I thought I would let you all know that I was dismissed from my job today because of menopause symptoms - fatigue, insomnia and poor concentration, which HRT hasn't really helped with.

I was expecting it though, and feel OK about it.

I am hoping I will look back at this and realise that it was actually the best thing to happen.

Just a shame that it had to happen in the first place

Nikki180515

Re: Lost my job today because menopause
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »

:foryou:

That's really sad that it came to that.

I always say things happen for a reason, and something will be out there which is better for you!

Enjoy just relaxing for a bit and take your time, if you choose to look for another job.

Take care

Xxxx

Binbon2

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 07:17:23 PM »

Thanks  :)

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »

Sorry to hear that, it must be very stressful for you.  I hope you can take some time out to reassess everything and perhaps look at a different type of HRT that combats the problems you mentioned.  It could be that a different form of HRT would help?  So if you can recover for a while and look at other options, you may find you are in a good position to find another job and hopefully somewhere nicer next time around. 

Megamind

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 07:35:52 PM »

Sorry to hear that Binbon.

I only have a part time job and even that I struggle with when I'm feeling the effects of peri. I don't know how some ladies manage to work full time with their symptoms.

Hopefully, you will find a new job that suits you perfectly. Good luck.

Amethyst

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »

That's appalling. I really hope you get the time to take stock and sort out what is right for you.

Janice68

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 07:53:55 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Binbon! Not nice I know!
The others have given good advice here.
So Good luck
Janx

Binbon2

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »

Thanks everyone.

I think you are right and things do happen for a reason, but no, not overly nice to go through.

linz57

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »

So sorry to hear that Binbon, if you can afford to take a short break I would do so, especially with the stresses  of Christmastime coming up. Take some time to unwind and reassess and if you feel you need to do something maybe a little voluntary work would fill in the time?
Enjoy not having to clockwatch or rush around in a morning for awhile and hopefully your symptoms will improve if you're less  rushed. Good luck.

Dawncam

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »

I'm so sorry Binbon - I know what you mean though. If I wasn't self-employed, I wouldn't employ me. I've always been a 'worker' - brought up with a working class 'you must work hard' ethic. Throw in a large measure of catholic guilt and I think you have the picture! I NEVER took a day off work. In my working lifetime, since 17, not counting pregnancies, it's between 10-14 days, and I bet it's nearer 10. If that.

In the last year, since going deeper into post Meno and struggling with hrt regime, I've been a nightmare. Pain, brain fog, disinterest in anything or anyone. VERY low moods/swinging moods. Not a good employee. I've been self employed for around 15 years but NEVER thought I'd be like this. Two years ago I was easily working 14 hour days, looking after 2 teenage boys and walking my lab twice a day. I'm a shadow of that now. BUT - IM NOT GIVING UP! I will find a regime that works and get going again.

I hope you do too.

Dxx

cubagirl

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 10:32:24 PM »

:hug:

Sorry that happened. However, it's true, things happen for a reason. I hope that once you're feeling more like your normal self, the Meno fog will clear & you'll be able to move on.

Meg

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 12:25:02 AM »

Dear Binbon

I am so sorry for your situation.  Meno can take a terrible toll both physically and mentally and much more work needs to be done to address just what happens to women because we are just not getting the help that is needed. Many women are living half lives for many years when reproduction ceases it is hardly acceptable in the 21st century.  I can only send sympathy and keep going and maybe one day there will be the answers we need.

Meg

Annidav

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 12:54:07 AM »

Binbon I am so very sorry to read this and appalled that it has happened. I think the others are right that you should use some time now, if possible, to just "be" for a while and the Zi hope something nice comes along for you. Best of luck. X

peri

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 09:56:05 AM »

Thinking of you Binbon.  I suffer the same symptoms as you and its my secret fear I'll be dismissed, I manage cos I work part-time.  Hope you're in a position where you can manage financially, have a rest and enjoy Christmas x

elsie001

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »

Sorry to hear that Binbon.  I suffered with symptoms very similar to yours, luckily I was able to change my hours to 5.5 per day from 9.  If I hadn't been able to change them, I'd have had to pack the job in.

You have to put your health first.
Pages: [1] 2