Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anxiety tablets  (Read 7870 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety tablets
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 03:44:50 PM »

……. and back to you  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 07:49:27 PM »

Anna67 yes of course she can grow out of panic attacks!!!!  She certainly doesn't want to be classed as a depressive for example and come under the wing of certain types of medical services and thus be labelled from a young age -  could it just be a passing thing, or due to someone/events which you later learn to cope with as you grow and mature but can seem overwhelming at a particular point in your life?  Feeling anxious about all sorts of things is quite natural amongst the young - I certainly was - (won't go into it all here). My daughter was too. Of course I don't know the circumstances and without in anyway minimising the worry about what she is going through,  would be concerned about labelling whatever is happening to her as panic attacks unless it is obviously extreme?.... :-\ - is this wise at such an early age?

Burchers - you should have been given HRT before any of those meds!! The NICE Guidelines are clear in this respect. Provided there are no contra-indications, menopause should be treated first and foremost with HRT not ADs, beta blockers, and all of those things!!! You should also have local oestrogen for dryness/UTIs which will help your symptoms so much! Do start another thread if you want some help here with this....

Hurdity x

Anna67

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 06:17:26 AM »

Burchers I'm sorry your feeling this way too it's horrible along side all the other symptoms we menopausal ladies have to endure, I know some ladies go down the AD route along side the hrt but I just want to stick to the hrt for know to see if I can cope, iv been told hrt can take up to 3 months to get in your system and level out the hormones, so iv still got another 6 weeks left,  if I'm not getting any better than I will consider the ADS, I hope things pick up for you soon  :)

Anna67

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 06:22:56 AM »

Thank you hurdity, her mum is on this with her and helping her through, so hopefully it can be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later  :)

Burchers

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 06:34:05 AM »

Hurdity thanks I've been given a vaginal moisturiser and oestrogen cream.
I guess I've just got to wait for it all start to kick in.

Weekends are my nightmare I end up in bed with panic. I'm not giving up
Pages: 1 2 [3]