Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hiatal Hernia and Acid Reflux Exercise Help.  (Read 3399 times)

Autumnlady

Hiatal Hernia and Acid Reflux Exercise Help.
« on: November 08, 2016, 09:38:20 AM »

I have found this on the net and wonder whether to try it tomorrow morning as it says to do first thing of a morning after a warm drink of water. It's advised by a Dr but I am always cautious.

Here is the link if anyone is interested. I am off to look up about pressure points to see if that might help too. If I find any I will post it here.

Megamind

Re: Hiatal Hernia and Acid Reflux Exercise Help.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 09:43:38 AM »

No link?

Autumnlady

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 10:54:33 AM »

OMG - sorry Megamind and everyone! This menopause memory thing is getting beyond the joke! I will go get the link again. If I don't return, God only knows where I will have ended up lols!

Autumnlady

Autumnlady

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »

I have found another link with the same exercise and another which has cartoon moving drawings to show how to do them correctly.

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-hiatal-hernias.html

Autumnlady

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »

These are simple acupressure pints to press to ease hiatal hernia

http://www.tbyil.com/Reduce_Hiatal_Hernia_With_Acupressure_JB_Bardot.htm

Dollydream

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »

Hi
I tried this whilst I was on holiday this year, not sure whether it helped as I found the culprit of what was causing the heartburn problem around the same time.  Got chatting to the people in the next room and they asked if I had heard the strange banging noise first thing in the morning  ::) ;D  To be honest, I'd give it a go I can't see it would do much harm (unless you have people living downstairs!).
DollyD x

Autumnlady

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »

That did make me laugh Dolldream ;D I shall be giving it a go in the morning. Nobody living downstairs apart from me, hubby and our dogs. I hope it works. I am desperate!

It's great you got your sorted!

Dollydream

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 06:21:32 PM »

Yes, like you I was desperate to get it sorted too which made me resort to the exercises.  It was actually calcium/vit D supplements which were causing the heartburn - when I stopped taking them, the heartburn stopped.  It's all very weird as you usually take calcium derived tablets for heartburn, but for me they just made it worse.  I hope the exercises work for you and you get some relief x

Autumnlady

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 09:12:16 AM »

Thank you Dollydream, I did my first routine this morning, so that's a start. I'm sure I won't be seeing improvement immediately but I will stick with it and see how it goes.

It just shows with your calcium tablets that not everybody is the same!