Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Procrastination is my middle name  (Read 6522 times)

getting_old

Procrastination is my middle name
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »

I've never been the best at making decisions, and would never be described as dynamic, but recently I seem to be totally unwilling to do things, even things I know I want to do, that involve me taking some action. I just delay and delay until it's too late.
Anyone else find they're worse at taking action these days?

MabelBabel

Re: Procrastination is my middle name
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 11:03:03 PM »

I got the hoover out of the cupboard a fortnight ago to hoover up (obviously) it's still there, I look at it now and again and think, I really must get that done today.

It's still there.....

getting_old

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 11:03:42 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one Sparkle. It wouldn't be so bad if the decisions were that difficult, or I was really against doing something, but when it's something that will benefit me it seems so silly.

getting_old

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 11:04:57 PM »

I got the hoover out of the cupboard a fortnight ago to hoover up (obviously) it's still there, I look at it now and again and think, I really must get that done today.

It's still there.....

I have to confess that over the years housework has taken on a much lower priority in my life, especially as I hate the current house so the only time I clean is when it's absolutely necessary or we have visitors.

getting_old

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 11:24:33 PM »

Well I've definitely made some dreadfully bad decisions, buying the house being the absolute worst and I do have to live with the consequences so am constantly reminded of that one, but a lot of the time it's more about everything seeming to be too hard or too much effort or just can't be bothered so I keep putting off doing what needs to be done.

ellie

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 08:33:36 AM »

I am dreadful, just drive my DH crazy.  If given a choice between say two things I like (could be buying furniture for e.g. )  I dither and dither and even when I have decided on something , I have been known to change my mind.   I think it's a fear of getting it wrong and having to live with it......But I am just as bad when buying a pair of shoes  :o....Far better with no choice  :)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »

I am dreadful, just drive my DH crazy.  If given a choice between say two things I like (could be buying furniture for e.g. )  I dither and dither and even when I have decided on something , I have been known to change my mind.   I think it's a fear of getting it wrong and having to live with it......But I am just as bad when buying a pair of shoes  :o....Far better with no choice  :)

That's me!  I'm a Libran and have to weigh everything up.  I can see a pair of shoes or boots and know they're for me. I try them on and they're fine and then the assistant tells me they come in other colours!  That's it, I'm totally thrown. 

ellie

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »

Lol exactly, we have to choose between two styles, and just when we think we have it all sorted out, they tell us.......did we know they also came in different colours, it's all too much to take in  :madeyes: :sigh:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »

With regards housework or general tidying around the house, I can stand the 'hoover' in the middle of the room for weeks [reminds me that someone here has a ?freezer? in the middle of her lounge  :-\ ].  In the garden however  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 01:29:48 PM »

PF - I'm a Libran too!  cant make a decision for toffee.  Either that or I make a snap decision and then spend forever wondering if I've done the right thing.  I drive myself nuts!!

S x

Ha ha ..... the things I take back to shops and change it for another colour!  ;D

Same when I'm booking a holiday online .... I do all my homework on resort, hotel, trip advisor reviews etc and then check and double check that I've got the best possible price.  I always book fairly close to departure dates so I don't have too long to worry about whether I've made the right decision.  It seems to work though because we've never had a bad holiday.

Scampi

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »

I hate making decisions!  I drive my hubby nuts - I always make him decide on food choices, etc .... I don't like to make my own preferences known as I'd hate to think he changed his choices based on my thoughts   :-\

ellie

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »

Does anyone order a meal in a restaurant, and always wish you had ordered what everyone else in having?  :rofl:  me all over .....

getting_old

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »

Well, we can't be doing too badly, we've all made it this far intact, sort of!  ;D

S x

more by luck than judgement in my case  ;)

getting_old

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »

;D yes!  Although I'm so limited in what I eat these days everyone else's meals look more appealing!!!

S x

Me too - there's usually a choice of one item that I can actually have  ;D  but I'm not a big fan of food (if you know what I mean) and I don't like spicy stuff which is what others usually order so I'm usually happy with what I have.