Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beyond frustrated now  (Read 7482 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Beyond frustrated now
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 08:29:02 PM »

Also if she is interested she may suggest seeing you at the end of Surgery time to allow extra consultation???  Tell her that you want to work with her as this is a learning curve for us all  ::) (and her time will come ……  :-X )

linz57

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 10:39:06 AM »

That's a good idea regarding an end of surgery appointment. I know she usually takes two urgent ones at that time but it's worth asking at least.
I don't know the age of this new doctor but after meeting her last month I'd say she's late forties, early fifties so there's a good chance she is already in " the throes" herself

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 05:09:46 PM »

Let us know?

linz57

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 08:44:57 PM »

Will report back on Tuesday, wish me luck!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »

:yes:   we don't have a clover on here  ::)

linz57

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 10:43:42 AM »

Just an update. I've been to see my lovely GP this morning and she has ordered a full blood count plus thyroid check, vitamin D, vitamin B12, cholesterol, glucose etc .
Also I had a good chat with her re a new hrt regime to hopefully correct the problem I have , which we think is being caused by me not getting enough progesterone to balance the estrogen in my body.
She said a separate estrogen and progesterone would be better than my FemSeven Conti so I am now trying Femseven estrogen only patch alongside Utrogestan. She said she normally prescribes Cyclogest pessaries and wasn't familiar with Utrogestan but , she got her book out, read the blurb and said yes, let's try it.
She wasn't keen on me doing a sequi regime so I shall be taking 100mg for 25 nights out of 28.
Please god let me get along with this new regime! I could always try the pessaries if not, but with having VA and bladder issues I didn't fancy the waxy pessaries in case they caused irritation.
All I wanted all along was a doctor who would at least listen and be open to  hrt and I've found one ..... Eventually! In fact she is positively enthusiastic about it.
Wish me luck on this new regime ladies . Shame there's no clover emoticon CLKD but the smiley face is a great help  ::)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:45:28 AM by linz57 »

Elizabethrose

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 11:27:59 AM »

Brilliant news, well done linz57!!

All good wishes to you! x

linz57

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »

Thank you Elizabethrose, fingers crossed and even if I don't get along with Utrogestan I know my GP will work with me to find something that does.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 12:42:02 PM »

Cultivate that GP and thanks for the update!

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 08:17:29 PM »

That's great news linz57 - your doctor sounds like quite a pioneer if she is familiar with Cyclogest anyway as this has been available for years. This was the first prog I used when I went onto HRT ( after an unsuccessful first 3 months on Evorel sequi) - as it was used well before utrogestan was manufactured, although it was unlicensed for HRT and mainly used for fertility. Are you going to take it orally or vaginally?  By the way the choice of whether or not you do a sequi regime is up to you and not her - but by all means try the conti method first :) . Sorry I can't remember how old you are - maybe 57?

I hope it works for you and do keep us updated!!

Hurdity  x

linz57

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »

Thank you, I'll start off trying it orally and see how that works out, I can always change to vaginal route if needs be.
I'm actually 59 Hurdity, the 57 in my username refers to the year I was born, 1957 ;)
Pages: 1 [2]