Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: internal shakes  (Read 9725 times)

MaxineB

internal shakes
« on: November 05, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »

I have been getting internal shakes when I have been waking and then when they go off my mood plummets and then I get them in rushes through the day like I am anxious.  I am also getting really cold when I have the shakes. Got one the other evening when I opened the front door to my husband.  I have been getting these for about 6 - 7 weeks now.  I had my last period some years ago but some similar feelings after then. Often had rushes of anxiousness but it has never been like this.  My doctor is doing some bloods for thyroid and he is not convinced that it is the menopause or thyroid.  Any thoughts would be appreciated and shared.

Autumn16

Re: internal shakes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »

Hi MaxineB
I get these as well but don't know what it is.
I'm seeing gynaecologist next week so hopefully they may have an answer.
They are quite scary as you don't know what's going on.

MaxineB

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:03 AM »

Hi Autumn16

Thanks for your reply.  I am sorry you are feeling this way too, yes, it is quite scary.  I keep analysing everything to make sense of why I am feeling this way. Hopefully when I next see my doctor next week he may have some answers.  How long have you been having these?

Autumn16

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 10:48:09 AM »

A couple of months but noticeably in last couple of weeks. Do you get aches across top of your back?

MaxineB

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 11:44:11 AM »

Not that I have noticed, but a dull ache down my right side.  Feelings of very low and sad mood swings.

dangermouse

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »

I have this mildly now but I had it very intensely in Jan/Feb and I was shaking so much but found once I wrapped myself in a blanket it all started to calm down and then just had bursts of adrenaline all day following it.

Mine was definitely hormones, I suspect some kind of plummet causing adrenaline to ramp up.

The GP is obviously unaware of this symptom. Good to check nothing serious though to be on the safe side.

Autumn16

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 01:15:51 PM »

I went from being fit and full of energy to feeling someone pulled the rug from under my feet!!
Hormones or rather lack of them have thrown a real spanner in the works.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »

Hi Autumn 16
Yes I too have these feelings, almost like someone has an electric drill in my stomach.  I also have hot sweats, freezing cold spells, low mood, dizziness, weeping and anxiety.

I agree with Dangermouse, I think it's hormone related.

The only advice I can give you is to go with it and accept it. Analysing will get you nowhere except back in your head. It's easier said than done I know because it's so frightening.  But I can assure you after analysing the menopause for many, many hours, it's still happening and I've changed nothing and wasted time.  Good luck with your gyny.

Keep posting at it can really help.

Autumnlady

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 04:02:32 PM »

Hi Autumn
I have these and one of my friends has them from time to time too. I also have them in the day, especially if I am feeling anxious. This has happened for several years. I also think it is hormone related. I had it before menopause, which was four years ago.

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »

Yes I have / had this .....so much so I was convinced everyone else could see , but they couldn't see anything.

Have never mentioned it to the GP, been going on a year so decided it hasn't killed me yet.

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »

Hello MaxineB.

My trusty meno book which was written decades ago refers to interal shaking as a symptom of the menopause so hopefully your GP will be familiar with it. I get these a lot and for me they are linked to anxiety but I can never really tell which comes first. The best description I ever came across was from a lady on this site who said she felt as if she had swallowed a large mobile phone that was stuck on vibrate.

Wishing you well and please keep us updated.

K.

MaxineB

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »

Hi

Thanks and, it does help to talk about it.  What follows the shakes and the anxiety is a real dip in my mood - I go from the shakes to couldn't be bothered mood.

MaxineB

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 10:19:32 AM »

Riding the waves this morning, on my second shakes of the day!  Starting a new job tomorrow, hoping it wont affect me all day!

linz57

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 10:52:32 AM »

Does anyone experience a feeling of hunger or slight blood sugar lows with this? I don't exactly shake but keep getting episodes of feeling " jittery"

Autumn16

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 12:00:34 PM »

Yes. I get this jittery feeling, had it all day yesterday, just couldn't shake it off.
I'm not on HRT yet .
Does HRT help with this?
Pages: [1] 2