Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: NHS Testosterone prescription. /Tibolone experience  (Read 61915 times)

Hurdity

Re: NHS Testosterone prescription.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 10:59:12 PM »

Well done for trying Blakeygray! However have you been given Tibolone instead of other systemic HRT or as a pseudo-testosterone substitute in addition to the oestrogen and progesterone you are already taking? If the latter I think that would be unorthodox and not what it is usually taken for!

Anyway if it is the former and you are post-menopausal then hopefully it will work for you and will be interested to hear how you get on :)

Hurdity x

Blakeygray

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 11:27:10 PM »

Hi Hurdity,  I've never taken or been prescribed anything since my hysterectomy in 1998.  So the Tibolone is a testosterone substitute I'm assuming.

Blakeygray

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 10:45:59 PM »

Well it's day seven on the Tibolone and my day time sweats have eased. Not completely,  I've had one today, instead of one every half hour. 

I'm still getting hot and flustered  at night and can't wait to have a few hours hours  uninterrupted sleep.

I did notice that for the first time in months when walking back to my car after work, I didn't feel like I was dragging myself along; I power walked the 10 minute journey and could have kept on going. 

I can't say I've noticed any difference in my libido but it's early days.

I'll post again in another 7 days.

Blakeygray

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 07:06:56 AM »

Hallelujah!!

For the first night in years I've slept through without a hot flush waking me up every bloody hour.
I don't believe it!!

So.
Week 1- renewed energy,  no more achy joints or  stiffness

Week 2 -   daytime hot flushes have gone and by the looks of it the night time ones too.

I can't wait to see what week 3 brings  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 12:38:59 PM »

Great news Blakeygray :)

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 01:03:14 PM »

:parti:

Charlotte ...

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 02:04:38 PM »

Hi
I'm in Scotland gp referred me to meno clinic as she wasn't comfortable prescribing it without their input as she didn't know much about it...meno clinic wrote to gp asking her if she would prescribe it as they thought I would benefit from it...they asked her as it is unlicensed and it's up to gp whether they prescribe it or not...luckily with the meno clinic giving instructions on how to use and what to prescribe my doctor willingly gave me it...I have benefited greatly from T and it's just over a month...hope this helps xx

Lucky you, I'm in Scotland and it was a very very firm no for me, so I pay for it privately now.

Keepgoing

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 02:20:34 PM »

Great news blakeygrey hope it continues to get better...charlotte I would try a different gp I think it's all down to them to take responsibilities as it is off licence xx

Blakeygray

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »

Thanks ladies.  It's been a long time coming I tell you. However if I don't get the final positive effect I'm looking for,  I might have to buy T privately myself if my gp won't prescribe it either. 

Blakeygray

Re: NHS Testosterone prescription. /Tibolone experience
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »

Ok. Day 14.

Energy my levels are 100% improved. I used to feel sluggish in the evenings - not anymore. I also use to drag myself out of bed in the morning; I'm talking 15 minutes to get out of bed.  Now I throw back the duvet and get out.

Alcohol. This appears to be the trade off. White wine is a no-no. I had a couple of glasses with food in the week and within half an hour, the room was spinning.

I'm not a big fan of red wine and had some yesterday without any issues but I can live without it.

Overall I feel so much better,  my moods are also more stable. The sweats and the chills have definitely gone.  Having to reduce my alcohol intake is a plus as far as I'm concerned. It'll help keep me trim.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:24:13 AM by Blakeygray »

Hurdity

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 08:41:55 AM »

Glad you are noticing the benefits still Blakeygray.

My tolerance to alcohol completely changed when I became peri-menopausal and especially later on the progesterone part of HRT. I can have any alcohol now as long as I don't have it late in the evening - ideally with a meal and with copious amounts of water afterwards (at least twice the amount of water as wine and more if stronger alcohol!). Now, if I drink it too late in the eve irresepctive of the HRT I am on at that moment) it can trigger a three day migraine. A small amount is sufficient for me to feel happy (!) and I rarely have more than two drinks eg a G&T and a glass of wine or something.

As you say - it's a small price to pay for feeling better!

Hurdity x

Blakeygray

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 12:27:53 PM »

Agreed  :)

Charlotte ...

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »

I've just had my testosterone level checked after three months and it's really elevated, time for me to make the tube last 15 days rather than 8.

Annie0710

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 01:56:36 PM »

I've just had my testosterone level checked after three months and it's really elevated, time for me to make the tube last 15 days rather than 8.
Hi Charlotte
How long have you been on T?
What improvements have you seen ?

I started mid oct x

Charlotte ...

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 05:30:19 PM »

Three or four months, I'm taking it for osteoporosis, I haven't really seen any improvement but feel miles better with oestrogen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15