Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie needing info  (Read 1359 times)

Ladyturbowrx

Newbie needing info
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:35 PM »

Hello  :)
Have had a look around and there's some wonderful people on here with some great advice...
So where do I start,I'll be 50 this year,have 6 children from 9-25 and have been all over the place since April,when my husband lost his job >:( Doctor said this caused things to progress fast,causing Anxiety depression hot flushes night sweats basicly everything going,I thought it was stress :'(
But my hubby got a job after a month,but everything still remained the same,I felt lost unable to cope,So before going to the doctor I tried menopace plus for 4 months it worked in helping me sleep,felt a little better but gradually everything crept back in only I felt useless unable to do even the simplest of things,where as before I had things under control... so went to the Doctor last friday,who prescribed femseven sequi patches..but wonder if there working as sleep is so bad,feel shaky and short tempered and emotional,I didn't expect miracles as I know it takes time to get in the system,as anybody had experience of these,and how long it took to make anything improve,I'm sorry about my long post and moaning,but I'm not sure how I even feel,as not myself at all
Thank you for reading xxxx

Kathleen

Re: Newbie needing info
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:35:42 PM »

Hello Ladyturbowrx and welcome to the forum.

Allow me to be the first to say that all your symptoms sound hormonal and I'm sure the ladies on this site would agree!  We have many experts here who can advise you about the HRT  you have been given and I'm sure someone will be along shortly.  In the meantime I hope you can take comfort from knowing that you are not alone and there is help available.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 07:55:12 PM »

:welcomemm: - stress can hasten upsets so if you were headed for peri-menopause then your husband losing his job maybe triggered it.  Worry, not sleeping properly, caring for 6 children/young adults, plus propping up your husband …..

Has he settled into his job?

This time of Life "The Change" can cause emotional as well as physical upsets.  We have threads on 'doing stupid things', complaints about how muggy headed we can be; browse round!

It can take 3-4 months B4 HRT effects begin to be of benefit.  The Trial and Error can be tiring. Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful, to chart feelings etc..

kaz s

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »

Hi.
I have just started posting as well. Feel it really helps and is a free counselling session when things bad.
My sleep was awful at times but seems to go in stages. Sometimes I suffer all night with hot flushes and sweats and then can have nothing for a while.
I have a water spray by the bed and lavender oil on my pillows . Also just have a thin sheet over me. I use to be always cold but now pray for that feeling
 Xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:09:41 AM »

kaz s - welcome to MM
Give things time.  You've been through a tough time, you have a lot on your plate and you need to be kind to yourself.  The HRT will help but it takes up to 3 months to really work it's magic.  Do learn to do Mindful Meditation or do some yoga or simply go out for brisk walks - takes some discipline but learning to relax is one of the hardest things.   The sleep will be back soon I'm sure.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 03:20:59 PM »

Hi Ladyturbowrx

:welcomemm: from me too!

Wow six children - that's a big family!

Sorry to hear about your husband's job and the effect on your menopausal symptoms.

Patches usually do work quite quickly for the most obvious symptoms of flushes and sweats but can take longer for the emotional symptoms. It also depends where you are in menopause and whast your cycle is doing - have you skipped many periods? If you are in early peri-menopause your hormones are fluctuating up and down which causes many of the mood swings and even if you start HRT it does not suppress your cycle which continues in the background. What it does do is give you a constant dose of oestrogen so it does not dip so low just before your period which helps with mood for many women.

There is an excellent article on peri-menopause here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Other women have used Femseven sequi with success so if you don't get many replies about this here then do start another thread in the main Menopause section.

As Dancinggirl says it is recommended to stay on each HRT type for at least 3 months before deciding whether or not it is working, as some side effects take a while to settle. Once the night sweats ease then you hopefully should be able to sleep better.

Do have a look at your diet too - during peri-menopause many women experience problems with blood sugar due to the hormonal swings, so cutting down sugar and refined carbs and replacing with lean protein with lots of fruit and veg can help enormously here.

Hurdity x

Ladyturbowrx

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 10:42:35 AM »

:) wow so many positive replies,thank you..
Suffering quite badly with headaches and tears at the moment,but hoping it settles down,also finding my appetite as gone a bit haywire atm,but I'm hoping this I can control,as I'm losing weight at slimming world 3 stone so far ::) I never realised how much actually goes on,and the affects on life it has,feeling a bit still as well,the knees are playing up today due to the osteoarthritis,but thank you for your replies,it's great to know I'm not alone xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »

Well done for the weight loss Ladyturbowrx! Hope you start to feel better soon :)

Hurdity x