Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT patches  (Read 2224 times)

Lolabalola

HRT patches
« on: November 03, 2016, 11:41:52 AM »

Hi

I'm on a continuous HRT patch which I'm supposed to change weekly, however, I sometimes have to change before the week is up due to it coming off in the bath.  I wondered if this affects the dosage at all? I endeavour to keep the patch on for the full week when I change it and a new one if I have to change it sooner due to it coming off (if that makes sense)!  I have a period now and thought that being on the continuous patch would stope them, so wondering if too frequent a change is affecting things.

thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: HRT patches
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »

I'm afraid if the patches aren't sticking properly then you won't be getting a consistent dose of hormones and this will result in erratic bleeding and spotting.  Maybe switch to a pill form of HRT or use Oestrogel with separate progesterone.  Femoston 1/10 could be a good one to try.
Here is the link to the page own this site that give you your options: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

You could also have a Mirena fitted and just use oestrogen as pills or Oestrogel.  DG x

Hurdity

Re: HRT patches
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 02:47:28 PM »

Hi Lolabalola

Also to add that if you are still peri-menopausal then your own hormones could breakthrough, but especially as Dancinggirl says if the patches are coming off and you are not noticing they have  come unstuck - then the fall in prog could trigger a bleed.

Also when in your cycle did you change over to conti patches from sequi (looking at your other posts)? You might be due a bleed anyway depending on when you changed?

It's no problem to change them sooner than a week - but you would have to persuade your doc to prescribe more to allow for this. Otherwise Evorel conti are changed twice weekly, or you could go back to a cyclical HRT? Some women have done this due to continued erratic bleeding on conti patches.

Hurdity x