Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tiolone??  (Read 5268 times)

Hurdity

Re: Tiolone??
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 09:38:34 PM »

Hi Dawncam - as Mary G says - you don't take progestogen with it. The description says the third metabolite of tibolone is a compound with "progestogenic and androgenic-like activities". However even though no progestogen is taken with it, due to the increased risk of endometrial thickening on it, personally I would only take this is if I could get an annual uterine scan on NHS - which is not unreasonable given it is stated in the product info and also in the product monograph I looked at too.  That was my one concern. Hundreds of women are happily taking it though! Before starting testosterone I was considering this although would have totally gone against my nil-by-mouth approach to HRT!

Hurdity x

Dawncam

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 09:46:17 PM »

Mmmm.. interesting though

Dxx

Dawncam

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 09:49:44 PM »

Could it be said it's safer than bhrt?

Dxx

Chi chi

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »

Taken from Prof Studd's website, didn't say only woman who have gone through the menopause?

Women may wish to avoid bleeding by using low dose oestrogen and progestogen or by the use of Tibolone or they may wish to have a Mirena IUS inserted.

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 05:51:30 PM »

Here is the link which discusses this in full - so not to be read in isolation:
http://www.studd.co.uk/var_summary.php

The section you quoted from is entitled "Variations on HRT" and is prefaced by the paragraph:

"The principles of hormone therapy for the menopausal or perimenopausal woman can be summarized thus. These items are not entirely consistent with the current advice of regulatory bodies but they do reflect a studied analysis of the available data as well as a long clinical and academic interest in the subject. Medical practitioners of all levels require guidance for the hormonal treatment of middle aged women. These views should be considered, discussed and criticised as a fresh clinical approach is urgently needed.  Currently many women suffering severe hormonal disorders are being needlessly denied appropriate safe hormone therapy"

So he is saying these should be considered but they are not the norm. He goes on to list the ways in which he proposes deviating from the standard/licensed doses and treatments (including the 7 day progesterone often quoted on here).

I think you are/have been a patient of his so by all means ask at your next appointment - and as it is non-standard would require supervision - and presumably he will have observations from patients to back this up or predict what the outcomes would be for some women who are not yet at menopause?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]