Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can't do this anymore...  (Read 9985 times)

Justjules

Re: Can't do this anymore...
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »

Thanks ladies.  Trying not to concentrate so much on it for now and will pluck up courage and make a Dr's app for next week if it doesn't go. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 07:33:09 PM »

Take half a day at a time.  That's my Mantra and it really helps.

Justjules

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:53 AM »

That's a good one CKLD but when I don't feel so good I can't do it.  I'm back to the waking up out of a really vivid dream around 5am and then feeling awful and needing the loo and lying there till I have to get up and get out of the door for work.  Feel slightly more normal by lunch time but keep thinking the worst because I'm feeling rough.

Got to tell my Mum about my son and his new fiancé splitting up this weekend and that isn't helping as she's going to be very upset and can't seem to cope with a lot of bad news lately and she's had a lot! x

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »

Firstly - why do you have to tell your Mum?  She may take the news better from your son!!!!

Also - why can't you do it?  My worst time has always been mornings and for years I sort of coped by not planning as far as the afternoon which was difficult when my job was from noon until 5.00 p.m. ::).  When we book holidays I make a list and put to one side so that I can put planning away until necessary!  I still wake with the awful surges though  :-\

Why go back to bed?  If you wake suddenly etc. then going back to bed allows the brain to whizz round.  Get up, get dressed, make a cuppa ……. jot down anything that is bothering you at that un-Earthly hour!  It's about finding tricks that work to ease how you feel.

Justjules

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »

He did offer to tell her himself but I thought she would take it better from me.

I don't know why I can't do it - I just get too locked into the negative thoughts.  Also, by going back to bed with my cuppa, it gives me chance to sit up and chill for a bit whereas if I get up I'll just sit and fret downstairs and because I feel rough in a morning, it makes me feel 'safer' to be in bed till I feel a bit more human f that makes sense??!   DH literally gets out of bed, throws his clothes on and takes the dog for a walk (actually son's dog, but we have her most of the time!) and then comes back and gets ready for work - that would finish me off!

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2016, 05:13:22 PM »

It makes total sense!  I would wake up in deep fear and have to get out of bed, get dressed and go downstairs.  Seemed to dissipate the anxiety. 

:bighug:

nigela

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »

Hi Jules you sound just like me too.
Just had 48 hour ecg and tread mill test to check out the bad palpitations. I do wonder if it is just an anxiety/meno thing.Hormones do have a lot to answer for.
Hugs
Nigela x
Pages: 1 2 [3]