Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi I'm new too !  (Read 1442 times)

Elsiebear

Hi I'm new too !
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:30:29 PM »

Hi...It's my first day here
My names Nicky but my profile name is Elsiebear (after my beautiful late cat)
I have been in peri for 2 years and i'm only 42.
I have been dealing with most of the symptoms ok with HRT and a strong will ! however the severe anxiety is really killing me and it badly affects my work as a professional singer. Some days I feel its just too much to cope with and so that's when I came online and thankfully found this forum.
I look forward to meeting and making friends with my fellow ladies .After all you are the only people who can truly understand and hopefully we can  help each other
xxxx   

cubagirl

Re: Hi I'm new too !
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:13:22 PM »

:welcomemm:

The anxiety can be horrid. I had to give in & get help for mine. Had a few traumatic things happened in the family. I soldiered on for a while, but refused to allow it to ruin my life as it did my mum's. I faired better with tablets than CBT. Have you tried anything?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »

Hi Elsiebear

:welcomemm: from me too and sorry to hear about your cat.

What were your periods doing in the year leading up to starting HRT,what type and dose are you on and for how long? Many women find that the physical symptoms improve first but the emotional ones take longer.

As well as life events and issues, anxiety can be due to the hormonal surges that happen at this time and which HRT should help to control. It can also be caused in some women by some synthetic progestogens and, also low oestrogen so don't despair yet - you might need to tweak your dose or change the type you are using. If we can help we can :)

Hurdity x

Anna67

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »

Hi Nicky  :) I'm the same with the anxiety issue, it's horrid! I'm giving myself time to let the hrt kick in to see if it gets any better, it's gonna be a long menopausal journey I think, there are some very helpful ladies on here in each of there own personal experiences and I've learned a great deal from them, it's a wonderful forum and I'm sure reading through some of the threads will help you along the way.. Take care  :)

Elsiebear

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 08:50:18 PM »

Ahh ... thanks ladies . I know that joining this forum can only be a positive thing and you've already made me feel so welcome .😍😍