Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ordering books from America  (Read 6117 times)

cubagirl

Re: Ordering books from America
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »

Hope you can repair successfully. My mum was given a book the day I was born by my dad, in which he added a lovely message for my mum. It was her favourite book. I inherited it, to discover the book worms had enjoyed themselves over the intervening years. I threw it out, but spent ages finding a copy, which I did. Not got the beautiful message from my father, but I have it in my head!

purplenanny

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

Hi GH, I am very pleased it was the correct book and I hope you can repair it. PN x

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 05:17:11 PM »

Bit of an update.
Took the book to a bookbinder,  he was the same chap who did my daughter's thesis.
He had a look and said the spine is broken and went through what was required to fix it.  He said he can do it but will cost £50 so bit more than I hoped.  But I've gone ahead and hopefully it will be restored to an acceptable standard and give my granddaughter many years of pleasure.
I'm still quite pleased as used versions are all about £50 ( not the £3.85 that I paid) so at the end of the day I should get a decent result.
Thanks again all xx

Megamind

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »

Wow! That's expensive but if it means so much to you and your family, it is worth paying. Actually, it seems like it will be worth a lot of money in years to come if they're going for that much at present so bit of an investment for your grandaughter.
Pages: 1 [2]