Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Depressed or Peri  (Read 2766 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Depressed or Peri
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:21:58 AM »

Sorry all but can I have your thoughts;

For the last week, I have been

Weepy
Not been able to sleep
Anxious
Having a long period
Low mood
Low energy
Morbid thoughts
Hot sweats
Cold sweats
Panick Attacks
Spending time in my head analysing.

I have been hoping for a hormonal reason so I can fix but seem to be getting less and less good days, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and I'm depressed. I'm peri!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: Depressed or Peri
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:37:07 AM »

Oh and aching joints and digestion issues.

Already take 30mg of duloxetine.

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »

Know the feeling well  :-\
I'm already on maximum dose escitalopram too  :-\

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 09:58:51 AM »

Hi ChiChi
Thought I'd read on one of your recent posts, that you were on the up after your oestrogel or have I got you confused with someone else?

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:00:41 AM »

No deff wasn't me, I wish it was though lol

Urbanchick

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:43 AM »

I have all those except for period - had hysterectomy years ago.

Health anxiety has been a major issue for me.  I actually think that it is really my only issue.   I get a small health worry, usually age/meno related, then I over think, get morbid, over-Google, share on here, check for replies, then start panicking again.   This leads to more health issues caused by the anxiety, leading to panic attacks etc, which keep the cycle going.   I feel at these times I 'live in my head' and the only thing that really works is something that completely distracts me - but only if I don't consciously try to be distracted!

I sound mad, and a bit obsessive.   Haven't got any answers except trying exercise - I started running a year ago and now do 5k three times a week.   And keeping busy.    I try to avoid getting too tired, and have given up alcohol, caffeine and sugary stuff.  Boring, but it feels I am doing something rather than giving in.

Sending hugs.

Megamind

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:44:32 AM »

All sounds very familiar as peri symptoms of which I am experiencing many of what you listed.

Janice68

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 12:20:40 PM »

Definitely peri Mis71Mum I have all your symptoms achy body etc and the last few days itching all over it never ends does it?
If it's not something it's something else that's for sure. I'm on ADs and my mood is awful!
Jx

Janice68

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »

I've just realised for me in the winter I'm sure I suffer from  SAD because of lack of sunshine we get in the winter. It all effects are moods too!!? For me anyway.
Jx

vintagefiend

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »

Hi Mis71mum- is that when you were born?! Not too personal, I hope- just that I was born in '71 and have your symptoms! Today I'm very very weepy- feel v down and utterly fatigued. About six or seven weeks ago I started a 25mcg patch oestradiol and I had a very reasonable month- something I haven't experienced for well over a year! Even my premenstrual week wasn't too bad- a bit of acute anxiety- but not this horrible depression.
I thought I'd cracked it but not so this month. Actually was ok until ovulation but thereafter varying degrees of crap- I am sooo fed up and can totally commiserate! I did increase my oestrogen patch, up to 37.5 mcg couple of days ago and initially felt ok so I'm v confused! I know you're supposed to increase oestrogen slowly to get a true idea of how it's affecting you but difficult when feeling lousy- tempted to increase by a lot but I won't!
just noticed you had a long period which was something i had just prior to oestrogen patch.
Are you on anything? I'm on 225mg venlafaxine which is quite high and not really working- dont feel antideps much use with this (for me)
sorry not much help- just want to say you're not alone and it's been quite cathartic for me to write down how i feel! and given that i had a normal month on oestrogen patch, i do wonder if this is the way forward. certainly what you describe sound like perimeno to me!!
something i wonder about is testosterone treatment- i know it can be difficult to access but i'm getting used to being assertive with doctors! all the best anyway x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »

Thanks for your replies. Yes I am born in 71 and no of course, it's not to personal to ask.

Think I may have took too much Oestrogen over the last few days. I changed my patch over on Wednesday and forgot to take the old one off. Then the next one fell off in the shower so added a new one, then because I'd been prescribed Qlaria I decided to take my patch off. Then thought did I need to put a new patch on to complete my cycle as my GP didn't say.
I could feel my heart racing so took my BP and it was 140/100 and heart rate was 91.

This is so awful.  Im not sure how and when to take Qlaria as I'm not having regular periods.

Has anyone else tried it?

vintagefiend

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 05:03:51 PM »

Hi Mis71
it's interesting that you think an increase in oestrogen might be the culprit and I have to admit, the weepiness that you mention and that i have had in abundance today, may well be a result of this- i've overdone the oestrogen before and remember that uncontrollable weeping! i have decided to remove a fraction of patch(!) and stick with the 25mcg of oestrogen which hasn't been problematic for me thus far. I think i'm really, really sensitive to oestrogen- can easily tip into too much for me or too little.
I tried qlaira- it wasn't right for me but i'm yet to find a progestogen i can tolerate. Some women really rate it so worth a go! I think that someone called briony on here knows a lot about it- and is v pleased with it. rather unhelpfully i cant remember if i waited until period to start it- sorry! i had a quick google and found instructions to commence 1st day of period for contraceptive purposes but presumably you're using it for peri purposes only? i hope you get some answers soon x