Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anxiety tablets  (Read 7868 times)

bramble

Re: Anxiety tablets
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »

Anna,
You don't say how bad your anxiety is but if it is interfering with your life and you are unable to function, then I say take the ADs. A slight increase in anxiety is one of the side effects of most ADs but even if that does happen, and it does not happen for everyone, it will only last for a few days. Would that not be worth it if they were to help you in the long term? Give yourself 3 months or more on both and then review it. You may then stop the ADs and continue on HRT only depending on how you feel. Quality of life is more important than the number of pills we take. When I was in the throes of it I would literally have taken anything to make me feel better (even contemplated waccy-baccy at one stage, that was how desperate I felt!). In the end it was a combination of HRT and ADs that got me through some very tough years.
Bramble 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »

Some ADs made me a lot worse so it was difficult finding something that eased my depression.  Regardless of what is causing the anxiety if it's controlling everything you do, then why not try medication?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:09:50 PM by CLKD »

Anna67

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 08:40:22 AM »

I suppose the reason I'm a bit worried about the ads is because 20 yrs ago I started getting panic attacks ( because I had my drink spiked with a ecstasy tablet ) and it was a very time for me and doctor put me on ads for then but I had a bad reaction to them and they made me worse, i couldn't even go out alone and was panicking all day it was just awful, and I don't want to go back down that road, I think hurdity is right by saying I'm not giving the hrt time to work and level out my hormones, so I think I'm gonna wait a few more weeks to see if I see a difference with the anxiety... I'll try and explain how I feel, light headed, sometimes foggy headed, and like something is tightening my chest, I havnt had a panic attack ( and I don't want one ) sometimes I feel like I'm on the outside looking in if that makes sense ? My hrt is Premarin 1:25mgs and I have the marina coil so the doc said I don't need progesterone, I'm also taking vitamin b complex and vitamin d3, is there anything else I can take with the hrt to calm the anxiety ? I was thinking of Bach flower rescue remedy but I know you have to be careful taking other tablets whilst on the hrt, it's just all confusing for me at the minute because I'm new to all of this I feel like a 49 year old toddler  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 12:11:22 PM »

Oh I've used Rescue Remedy mouth spray for years, whether it works/not doesn't bother me: if I am calm after use then I get on with stuff.  I believe there are tablets too.

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary …….. and let us know how you get on!

Otes73

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »

I used the rescue remedy mouth spray too, not sure if it works but I like to think it does! It makes me feel like there's something I can do if anxiety starts.
My 13 year old daughter always has one her bag as she started to get some anxiety when she started senior school. She feels it helps get her breathing in control if she gets panicky.
X

Anna67

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 12:39:57 PM »

I used it years ago and it did help me then so I'm hoping it might work now, I've started a mood diary now so I can look back on it when I get an anxiety episode creeping in to see if there's a pattern to them, do certain foods cause this too ? Like I said I'd try anything to ease them, really do love the support on here  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »

Not eating properly can cause a drop in blood sugar = anxiety surges.

A mixed, healthy diet with gentle exercise can help.  Deep breathing.  Some people find Yoga helpful. 

Anna67

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 04:27:40 PM »

Omg ! CLKD you've just hit the nail right on the head, I was having really bad anxiety on Friday literally all day could not shake it off, by the evening I was thinking it must be something else... I didn't eat all day as I felt a bit sick, now I know it must of been the lack of food that made the anxiety worse, you are a god send  :-* now I know I must eat even if I feel off, thank you ma'am  ;)

ardee

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 11:41:17 AM »

Might be worth trying hypnotherapy?  You can buy CDs from places like Amazon for around a tenner.

Anna67

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 12:52:22 PM »

Does anyone think that hrt can cause anxiety? Or is it just the hormones ?

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »

I had my first panic attack at age 3 ……. and when anxious I am un-able to eat, be around food, watch food programmes on TV, enter the kitchen ……….

Anna67

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »

That's very sad at such a young age  :'( my granddaughter as them too she's 9 we have no idea why she started getting them, she's very sensitive too and emotional.... we're hoping she's gonna grow out of it  :-\ just like I'm hoping these hrt tablets will lesson the anxiety attacks  :'(

Burchers

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 09:55:34 PM »

So nice to feel I'm not on my own. I've been going through hell since July with anxiety. It's ruining my life. I'm on beta blockers 3 times a day plus 20mg Escitalopram and  Promazine if I'm really bad.
Doctor feels by starting HRT will help as she feels Along with flushes, constant UTIs, dryness. I'm on menopause.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:53 PM »

Anna - she will NOT grow out of panic attacks.  Will send you a PM …..

Anna67

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2016, 02:13:57 PM »

Thank you CLKD. I just replied to your message  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3