Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: One of life's mysteries ..... shopping!  (Read 12608 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: One of life's mysteries ..... shopping!
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 02:06:26 PM »

Haha, glad to hear it Ju Ju!

Getting back to the original topic of this thread - I am loving these scarf/shawls that seem to be everywhere this season. They are perfect for hot flushes!

Unlike some of you ladies I adore the autumnal colours and blacks and greys etc. I'm very much a winter person and pretty much love everything about it especially the clothes!! I'm really fair skinned and virtually aways wear scarves of varying weights twisted around my neck as it's a way to introduce sympathetic colouring to my vampire type colour tones and also to hide my skin from the sun! I bought two wonderful green and orange cashmere scarves from JL, really rich and vibrant, and have been wearing them with my waterproofs in Cornwall this past week or so. I've been stopped twice by women asking where I'd bought them despite looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards with the wild weather we've had.

I love all the autumn shades too as they suit my colouring .... I can wear corals, rusts, browns but I cannot wear grey at all.  I have had two beautiful grey coats which I assured myself I could jazz up with bright scarves etc but I look and feel terrible in grey. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 03:23:57 PM »

My ballet teacher wouldn't allow en pointe unless the pupil was going on to College.  Three girls did - wonder what happened to them  ::).

I never have problems in a garden centre - I bought a fox glove yesterday to fill a space  ;D

Elizabethrose

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 03:33:13 PM »

Isn't it weird the way we all feel so differently about colours, you clearly like grey to have splashed out on two coats?! It may be one of those colours that just doesn't work on certain colourings. My hair has deepened as I've aged to an auburn shade (as a child the colour of a carrot!  :o ) so there are masses of colours I can't wear, (pinks, purples, burgundy, beiges) but grey really works for me and I wear it often, just bought a little ribbed poncho from Jigsaw, all soft and snuggly!! My mother has dark hair (still!) and wears beautifully all the colours that look ghastly on me but she NEVER wears grey, she says she feels diminished in it!

Nobody would ever compliment anything I ever knitted!! ;)

Bet they have dodgy feet now CLKD!

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2016, 03:39:24 PM »

I would love to know whether they progressed  :-\

I wear block colours.  I like black/green/grey/bracken-coloured roll neck tops so that I can wear denim or clashing coloured jeans with a bright coloured coat over the top.  I have several purple cardies as well as two in oat-meal which are ideal for Autumn days that aren't cold.  As the weather gets chilly I have a bright red coat, a black with faux fur collar and a John Rocha dark green 'jacket'-type cardigan.  I can then wear bright jeans plus lots of jewellery pinned onto the various coats/hats.

Shoes are my boring part …… I love my wellies  ;D and am now cultivating Hotters ……….

Elizabethrose

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »

You sound like a vision of loveliness!!

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2016, 03:43:04 PM »

:wub:  - sometimes I even leave the house in my garb  ;D.  However, when I'm in the garden I wear the oldest, grubbiest slippers etc. unless it's really, really wet  ::).

I have tried to hang my jewellery in small net bags with the appropriate clothes but as I'm lazy at putting things 'up' rather than laying them down anywhere  :D.

Anyone love buying jewellery?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2016, 03:53:14 PM »

Me, I have tons of it! Only a few classic real pieces, pearls and diamonds etc but lots of fashion jewellery. I'm looking to replace a couple of Hobb's beaded necklaces I've been wearing for years (love them!) that recently died a death but haven't found anything as nice this season. I will continue looking. I'm dead boring really as I stick with just a handful of stud earrings and just my wedding ring but have lots and lots of necklaces.

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2016, 03:55:59 PM »

Antique Fairs?!? …….. auctions are good places to buy nice pieces.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2016, 03:59:36 PM »

Yep always looking!

Two hoots

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »

I like blues, navy, berry and greys, I don't own anything brown or mustard colour.

I have small feet with a high instep and get trouble getting boots and strappy sandals to fit.

I love jewellery, especially brooches.

Reading all our different sizes and tastes you'd think one of us would find shopping easy  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:18:50 PM by Two hoots »

flutterby

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »

Sorry Juju the cheap shoes aren't as narrow as a AA. Many years ago my friend who had just started as a podiatrist gave me some details of a supplier of AA shoes which were too narrow for me. I've been racking my brains to think where it was. I should imagine you've trawled the Internet ad nauseum anyway  :(
Getting on to the subject of colours, I had my colours done quite a while ago. It brought up a few surprises and I tend to buy less disasters now. Flutterbyx

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 12:00:36 PM »

I wouldn't buy lime or that bright orange or mustard shades, although I was tempted in a Charity Shop recently where a Ted Baker jacket was being sold for £69.99.

Off to a garden centre later ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]