Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: One of life's mysteries ..... shopping!  (Read 12609 times)

Ju Ju

Re: One of life's mysteries ..... shopping!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 09:51:42 AM »

I did order a few tops online for my recent holiday and they were OK and I also ordered some shorts but sent them back as the quality was very poor. 

I've lost over a stone and just felt I'd like some new clothes for winter.  I bought lovely new boots a couple of weeks ago. I wear quite a lot of tunics and legging or jeggings but all I could find in M and S were Long ones and I need regular. Every colour, every design were all Long.

I did buy a nice Sea Salt top in turquoise from an Independent shop. They also sell a lot of Adini and I also like them and have several tunic tops.

So why can't I find all these long leggings and jeggings when I'm looking? They all seem to be short and regular in length when I look! It's funny how you find something you really like in every size, but yours!

Urbanchick

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 11:04:45 AM »

I always worry about the 'Gloria Hunniford' look.   All smart bright jackets, perfect but rigid hair and large accessories.   I still want to look a but funky...

Urbanchick

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 11:27:29 AM »

Sparkle -just seen one of these on Amazon and I like it - I usually get a 12 as I have broad shoulders but other than that am a standard 10 - do they come up large?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »

Some John Rhocha (SP) is nice.  Fits well.  Lasts ages.

Cotton Traders 4 jeans which eventually get used in the garden.  Same with slippers.  On dry days slippers do well enough when I'm weeding.

dahliagirl

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 12:01:17 PM »

I luurrrrrrrrrrrve stripes  :wub:

They have to be right though.  Some are just not right at all,  and some are just so perfect.  And some get better the more you wear them.

flutterby

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 02:57:53 PM »

Thanks purplenanny and CKLD for jeans advice will be checking them out.
I'm a stripy person too definitely wearing them on top half makes me feel less hippy. Flutterbyx

Ju Ju

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »

Oh dear........more hopping possibilities!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 04:06:27 PM »

M and S had lots  of high rise leggings and jeggings yesterday which come really high up. Some had a big wide band of same coloured elastic .. probably about 5" wide at waist which I am sure would hide any muffin tops.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »

I love Seasalt Breton striped tops - the family think its hilarious as each day out comes a different stripe.  Mind you one of my daughters is the same with striped tops.  Now into my long sleeve Gap t-shirts.  It's the bottom half I find tricky - I have to do the sit-down test in any pair of jeans/trousers I buy - they can feel great standing up but if they cut me in half when I sit down that spells trapped wind and heartburn for me.  There aren't many makes that fit the bill on that one hence a lot of returns!  Oh, and don't get me started on my awkward feet ....

S x

Summer 2015 I bought a sea salt tunic top. It was lovely. Navy with a nice geometric print in white and pink.  I wore it a few times and thought the pattern was pegs until someone pointed out it was synchronised swimmers!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 04:48:06 PM »

M & Co have done me OK with brightly coloured jeans in the past, this Autumn however  ::)

cubagirl

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »

I'm wearing Donna heels from Hotter to son's wedding in 4 weeks time. Hopefully good for dancing in.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 07:20:07 PM »

Wear them in first  ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 09:55:17 PM »

I've been practising!  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 12:45:56 AM »

I wish Hotters sold AAs, then I could afford more 👠s! Though maybe not ones with high heels! The latest shoe catalogue for AAs has made me gulp at the increase in price. Much, much more than double for equivalent style shoes, plus the cost of post and packing and if they don't fit....... one American firm charges over £200 for everyday shoes that aren't that special. I think I shall have to make do with what I've got.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:12 AM »

Ju Ju, have you heard of Special Feetures, a narrow shoe online retailer? I have a B fitting, which is a complete pain as the average shoe width in the UK is an E and I'm forced to buy my shoes in the US. However, occasionally this company comes up trumps! They have a website and send out a catalogue if requested. They changed ownership a few years ago and I'm not sure the offer is as good as it once was, however, they have the occasional pair that I like (they can be a bit granny like!  ;). I managed to buy two pairs this season with another on order.

My feet are a nightmare as they are narrow and also very shallow and I've also had Morton's neuromas surgery on both feet (ballet and also probably because I've had a lifetime of ill fitting shoes!). Sometimes I'll find a pair narrow enough but too tight for the Morton's Neuroma sites.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4